Chapter 23: Baby, you're mine

Start from the beginning

  I was craving her. I'd do anything to have her back. But who the fuck am I kidding? She would never come back to you.

~

The next day

Alexa's POV

  I didn't feel like moving today. My head was still pounding from last night and I had no clue on how Tyler was gonna react on the fact that I said I loved him. I was angry and a little drunk, so the words tumbled out on their own. I got home last night and after I locked myself in my room and after an hour of non stop crying I noticed my necklace was gone. I had a thought in my head to go look for it or ask Max to try and find it, but I didn't even have strength to pull myself up anymore.

  I've talked to Liv a few times, but since I was locked in my room this whole time, I told her that I wanted to be left alone today. She was pretty understanding. My father on the other hand had asked me multiple time what's wrong, finally being home for a day, but I told him the same I did to Liv. I tried forgetting all the drama from last night, but just the fact that my necklace was gone, was reminding me about the whole thing.

  Tyler's reaction when I told him that I loved him was constantly crossing my mind, making me torture myself with all the questions and thoughts. I still loved him. I don't think it was possible to fall out of love with him, cause the pain didn't seem to loosen up. I haven't heard from him ever since last night, and I had the strongest need to hear his voice. Even if we were fighting again.

Suddenly, my phone rang next to me, making me snap out of my thoughts. Without even looking at the phone, I lazily picked up, not bothering to stand up. "Hey," I said, thinking it was Liv. Who else could it be?

"Alex," A deep husky voice from the other line. I froze. Tyler? Why the hell did I pick up? Suddenly, all my senses went numb and I couldn't manage to hang up. "Look, I just want you to know that I have your necklace. I found it last night."He said, almost like his voice was fading away. "You can come get it at the lake house." Was all he said before I heard a deep sigh from the other line before he hung up.

  Silence filled the air as I sat on my bed with the phone in my hand. What just happened? He had my necklace and if I wanted it back, I had to go get it. And that meant I had to see him again. I didn't want to. Not after last night. Not after I told him I loved him. I sat there, thinking what to do, until I heard a knock on my door, breaking my thoughts. "Um, come in." I cleared my throat, waiting for whoever it was to come in.

  "Alex, dinner's almost ready." Brandon said walking in. I nodded, trying to hide my nervousness from a few minutes ago.

   I offered a weak smile. "Okay, but I'm not hungry. Don't wait for me. I'll probably go out with Liv." I lied.

  Brandon frowned almost like he didn't believe me. "Are you okay? You haven't eaten all day." He said, crossing his arms to his chest.

  I blinked a few times and looked down. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said quickly, wanting him to leave faster. I was bad at lying and I knew I'll blew it up if he doesn't leave soon.

  "Okay," He dragged the word, slowly turning around and leaving the room. I knew it was weird the way I acted the past few days, but I simply needed time to be alone and think through some things.

  I ran my fingertips on the place where my necklace was. It felt weird not having it even for a night. I had to go get it. Standing up, I took put on my red plaid shirt and a pair of black jeans. I didn't bother too put anything special. I'll try not to even talk to him much. Taking my phone, I walked downstairs, trying to be as quiet as I can.