Chapter 23: Baby, you're mine

Tyler's POV

  "She's the reason why we broke up!" Alexa's harsh yell came as a strike of electricity of nothing guilt and hurt.. Because I knew.. I knew it was true. And it was all my fault.

I shouldn't had allowed Lora get so close to me. I wanted nothing to do with her. As a matter of fact, after what she did a few years ago, I felt repelled by that girl. And that night, that one damn night, I should've known better than allowing Alexa to simply run out of my life just like that.

  I kept telling myself, I tried stopping her. But I should've tried harder.. Perhaps her not believing me was what made me somewhat give up.. And it hurt harsher than a dagger against my chest.. Mostly because she didn't even allow me to explain my side of the story..

  But the thought of her with someone else was what seemed like a slow death to me. I couldn't believe that she moved on so fast. Seeing her with Trevor that night pushed me off the edge. It angered me to the point where I was ready to kill him, and the fury was what I couldn't control at that point.

  "You know, I can't believe that I actually felt guilty for all of this. I can't believe that this whole time I've been trying to fucking prove to you that it's not true!" I wasn't aware of my words until I heard them echo..

  Until I noticed her flinching back from outburst.. Her expression instantly changed. Hurt. Hurt was the only thing written over he face.. It flashed behind those emerald eyes in smoldering the flames of her anger. It was the same hurt I saw that night.. The night she left.

  I cursed myself over and over again for being the one to cause it.. Because seeing her hurt meant stronger pain for me..

"And I can't believe that I actually loved you!" She found her voice to yell back as those greens sparkled with emotions she held back the whole time..

  My heart stopped in its tracks. She loved me? Did she- she said she loved me. Once..

  My blood turned to ice. I froze to my spot. But before I could mouth out anything, Alex turned around and left the room, slamming the door behind.

  I didn't know what to do; what to think. But I knew one thing for sure. I knew I loved her too. And there was a part of me that wanted to ran after her and tell her that, but at the same time it felt like an invisible force was holding me to this spot. That force was the fact that she said she loved me. Something that was in the past, but not anymore. Who am I kidding? After everything that happened, of course she wouldn't love me anymore. I fucked up. Badly.

  I clenched my fists, squeezing my teeth. I was mad at myself. I've lost the one thing that brought light in my dark life. She was that light. But now, she took it with her, leaving me lost in my complete darkness. Suddenly, my eyes landed on a sparkly thing on the floor. Catching my attention, I walked closer to it, kneeling down.

It was Alexa's necklace. I remember her telling me how this used to be her moms and it was the only thing she had left from her. She never took it off. Taking it, I noticed it was torn on the ending, almost making the pendant fall. It must have fallen off her neck when she walked out.

  The necklace was the only thing I had left from her. I was gonna give it back to her, but she never seemed to leave stuff behind. I missed her. I missed her so fucking bad. Her voice, her touch, her smell. My favorite smell. Jasmine.

And it had been only a week, but it seemed like a thousand years. I tried everything to make it easier. Alcohol was supposed to be my secret weapon, but it didn't seemed to work. I got myself to the state where I couldn't keep my balance anymore and Jace had to drag me home, but even then the thought of loosing her was brutally torturing my mind.