Chapter 14: Please don't leave me...

I had the feeling that my heart stopped beating. This can't be happening... Derek and the man next to him had all of their attention on us now, while Tyler dropped down. Derek took a step forward, wanting to run towards me, but was stopped when he heard the faded police sirens coming from the close street.

He turned around, listening. "Fuck." Derek mumbled under his breath, before he turned around and took off along with the guy. A deep shaky breath escaped my mouth as I started running towards Tyler. He wasn't that far, yet every step that I took felt like he was just getting further and further away.

His white shirt was now covered in dark red blood at his stomach. I knelt down next to him, as I still felt the tears running down my cheeks, uncontrollably. "No, no, no... Tyler, wake up... Please." I cried shaking his head slightly, but he wasn't moving. Suddenly, Jace walked out of the door with his eyes open wide when he saw Tyler laying on the ground.

"What happened?!" He shouted at Liv, as he walked towards us. Liv was in shock, standing behind me, also crying.

"Derek shot him.." Liv mumbled with a shaky voice. Jace was slower than usual, since he was also stabbed with a knife. "Oh my gosh Jace..-" She said, noticing Jace stomach and his bloody hands..

"- He's not breathing.." I cut them off checking Tyler's pulse. " Jace, he doesn't have a pulse!" I yelled. Jace was still shocked, but did his best to walk here as fast as he can.

He pulled me by my wrist, making me stand up. "Get up... Did you call 911?" Jace asked, as he knelt down next to Tyler. I nodded my head, walking backwards next to Liv. I felt unbelievable heartache. Seeing Tyler like that felt like someone shot me in the heart. Every moment that I've spent with him, suddenly rushed trough my mind, making it even harder for me to hold back my tears.

The sound of the police sirens and the ambulance were now loud. They were finally here. Liv rushed down the narrow passage, and in a minute I saw her walking back along with a few doctors and assistants pushing a stretcher along with them. It was now really noise, everyone was talking, some of the doctors yelling, as they were doing their job as fast as they can. But for me, everything sounded like a murmur. All the voices, noises, were faded, as I couldn't take my eyes off Tyler. A slow motion. The police also came, putting a ribbing on the place of the crime scene. They were all acting like he was dead. Tyler wasn't dead! I knew he wasn't. He can't be.

I quickly walked towards the doctors who were pushing the stretcher with Tyler on it. But the were all pushing me on the side, not letting me see him. "Is he gonna be okay? Is he alive." I asked one of them with a shaky voice, without taking a breath.

"He's barely breathing. The bullet is too deep. Now, I'm sorry Miss, but you're gonna have to stay here." The doctor said slightly pushing me on the side, as the others closed the back of the ambulance. Liv came from behind, giving me hug. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I hugged back, letting everything come out. Every emotion rushed out of me. Pain, sadness, disappointment...

I pulled away slightly, still sniffing. "They'll be fine. Everything'll be okay.." Liv tried to comfort me, but it was hard to believe her when she was crying too. The ambulance took off along with Tyler and Jace. On the street were a few groups of people, observing the situation. Some of them on their tiptoes, trying to see what happened, while the others were whispering to each other. Trough the crowd, I suddenly noticed a familiar face. My father. He told something to the police, as they let him pass the ribbon and ran towards us.

"Dad?" I asked, confused from seeing him here.

He took me by my shoulders, as he looked up and down me, checking if I'm okay. "Alex.. Sweetheart, are you okay?" He said in one breath and then hugged me tightly, like he was relieved.

Hearing him say that just made the pain even bigger. I was fine. But Tyler wasn't. And it all felt like it was my fault. If it wasn't for me, he would never have made that deal with Derek. "Yeah, dad. I'm fine." I whispered, pulling away from his hug. From behind him, I saw Liv's mom also rushing towards us and then hugging Liv. They were all worried about us, but actually, Tyler was the one who was hurt.

One of the policemen came. "Excuse me. Are you girls the witnesses?" The big guy asked with a deep voice and a thick New York accent. Liv said 'Yes' and I just nodded my head, while my dad looked confused. "We need to take a statement from you two." He added.

"The girls are not really in the place to give a statement right now." My dad interrupted with a slightly angry tone. He walked a few feet away from us with the policeman and talked for a few minutes, but I couldn't quite hear them. After that, the big guy left, as my dad returned.

"What happened?" I asked.

He sighed. "They'll take a statement later..." Liv and I looked at each other, probably thinking the same thing. What are we supposed to tell the police? Since we've already involved the police in this, we automatically lead them one step closer to finding out about everything.

I snapped out of my thoughts, wiping my wet cheeks from the tears. "Whatever.." I went on. "Dad, we need to get to the hospital... Please, dad I need to know how he is.." I added, taking his hand, begging him.

"Alex, look at yourself. You can barely stand on your feet. You've had enough, sweetheart." He said slightly. "I get that he's your friend and that you care, but we'll find out about how he's doing later. Now, let's get you home..." He tried taking a step forward, slowly pulling me with him, but I pulled my hand away.

"No, dad. I'm going in the hospital. I don't care if you're coming or not." I said harshly, as I started walking towards the street.

"Alex wait!" I heard him yell after a few seconds as he caught up to me. "Okay, fine. I'll take you to the hospital. Just... Don't leave my side... Ali, please, we have a lot to talk about." He said making hopeful face. I would maybe agree that we need to talk, but if he asked that two days ago. Now, I didn't care. Everything was clear. He lied to me my whole life, and now there are- of course, consequences.

I stopped and sighed. "Come on.. The car's this way.." He mumbled again, slightly pushing me towards the sidewalk. It felt good for once getting what I want from him. But no matter what he does, I don't think I'll be able to forgive him. It's too late. It's too late for explanations, answers. I've already got the answers I needed. I don't need any of his lies anymore...

~

Every hour never felt longer. It felt like the clock wasn't moving. Minutes felt like years. I've been sitting in the waiting room for over 4 hours now, waiting for Tyler's surgery to be over. Holding my head with my hands, it felt like I had no more tears to cry. But I was wrong. Every time I thought about Tyler, it just hurt more and more. Spending this whole time thinking about every single moment, detail about him, us, just made my heart break in a million pieces over and over again. He handed me over to Derek. Derek! Why? I thought that what he said was true. He asked me if I trusted him and I said yes. I was stupid enough to believe that he was someone else. Even Derek said it.

In the hospital, along with me were Liv, Trevor, Max and Gina. The parents were here too, my dad, Liv's mom and of course Tyler's dad. They called his mom, but since she lived in England, her first flight here was in 10 hours. Right now, I was the only one in the waiting room, while the others were making calls or eating. The doctors were done with Jace and gave him a lot of antibiotics, painkillers, so he passed out in his room. Knowing he was okay felt like a relief, but Tyler was constantly on my mind.

I looked at my feet, thinking if Tyler will make it. Praying. On the other hand, I felt unbelievable bitterness towards him. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive him for what he did, but I still wanted him alive. I needed to know if he's okay. Not knowing how I felt for him was driving me insane. I knew I felt something for him, other vise I wouldn't be so hurt from what he did. It's like it was on the tip of my tongue, yet I couldn't say it. A tear dripped on my boot as I took a deep shaky breath.

From the corner of my eye, I saw someone walking towards me. I lifted my head, seeing Liv in front of me. "I brought you your favorite. Caramel cappuccino." She smiled weakly, handing me a plastic cup.

I wiped my tears. "Thanks, but no thanks Liv. I can't really put anything in my stomach right now." I leaned on the chair as I did my best to return a smile.

She sighed and then sat on the chair next to me. "Alex, did something happened between you and Tyler. Were you guys something more than just friends?" Liv asked slightly struggling with her words.

I sarcastically chuckled. "Trust me, nothing happened. Tyler never even saw me as a friend. I was probably just another check for him." I said not looking at her.

"Look, you can lie as much as you want, but you can't hide from me. I'm your best friend, I can read you like an open book." Liv said, instantly surprising me. I guess I was bad at lying.

I looked at her and my eyes filled with tears. I still couldn't believe I fell for his lies. A "deal". She leaned closer, giving me tight hug, as I buried my face in her shoulder. I couldn't help but cry. This whole time. "What happened?" Liv finally asked, pulling away.

"I don't want to talk about it..." I said, once again wiping my tears with my sleeve. I couldn't look at her in the eyes, so I looked down.

I noticed her forming a thin line with her lips, thinking. "Look, Ali, you don't have to talk to me. But you're gonna have to choose someone to talk to. You can't hold it in anymore. It's not OK." Her words made me look up at her. I sniffed. "Come on. You haven't ate anything this whole day. Let's go grab something from the cafeteria, and talk a little." She said rubbing my shoulder.

I nodded my head as we both stood up, walking towards the elevator. Suddenly, Trevor stepped in from of us, blocking out path. "Where are you two going?" He asked.

"To grab something to eat from the cafeteria." Liv answered while I just stood next to her.

"Oh, good. I'm hungry too." Trevor said taking a step forward, wanting to go with us.

Liv sighed. "Trevor, you ate the half cafeteria 5 minutes ago. We'll be fine."

"Look, your dad told me to keep an eye on you. We're all worried. So just..-" He explained. My dad said that? I rolled m eyes at him. Dad was exaggerating.

Liv cut him off. "- It's the hospital's cafeteria. What can possibly happen?" She said.

"Well, after today.. A lot." He returned, not giving up. Liv crossed her arms giving him a meaningful look. Trevor finally gave up. "Fine. Just don't turn off you phones."

Liv rolled her eyes while I smiled at him. It was pretty cute how he was looking after us. But I can't blame him. After today, I don't think I'll be able to sleep in a long time...

~

We spent the past hour talking, mostly me though. Liv wanted to know everything that happened, and after I finished, she acted like she was mad at Tyler. That wasn't my intention. I didn't even want to talk about it, but she just wasn't giving up. We bought two sandwiches and Liv ate hers, while I just took the stuff in and out of the bread. I couldn't eat. Food just made me sick.

After, we got in the elevator heading upstairs. The bell rang, and the doors opened, as I noticed the doctor who was doing Tyler's surgery talking to his father along with Max and Trevor. Liv and I looked at each other and then quickly walked over to them, but the doctor already walked away.

"What happened?" I asked in one breath, looking up at them.

"The surgery's over. They managed to take the bullet out, but it's still critical. The bullet was close to his heart.." Max explained taking a deep breath and going trough his short hair with his fingers.

I looked at Trevor. "They'll transport him in a room in 12 hours if everything goes well." Trevor added.

I loud sigh of relief escaped my mouth. Trevor noticed that, and leaned in giving me a hug. "Good. That's good, right?" I said pulling away.

He chuckled. "Yeah, he'll be fine." Trevor said. I looked back at Liv while she was smiling, happy from the good news.

~

The next day.

Being in a hospital for one day and night felt unbelievably creepy. I hated hospitals. The smell, the cold tense air, everything. My dad managed to convince me to go in the hotel and rest- since we were 150 miles away from home. But I just went there to take a shower and change clothes, than I took a cab and got back here, in the hospital. We got good news. Tyler was okay. Thank god. They moved him to a room, and the last thing the doctor said was that we can visit him. He woke up. Finally. I felt like that stone was finally moved from my heart. I could breathe again.

Suddenly, our whole attention was now on Jace. He was walking towards us in the hallway, when he was supposed to be in his room, resting. He changed his clothes and everything, pretending like he's not a client. "Ugh, Jace.. What are you doing here?" Liv went on. "You should be resting." She added now walking towards him.

"I'm fine. It was just a cut." He said offering a weak smile.

"Just a cut? Do you know how much blood you lost?" I said with wide opened eyes. He was really brave, but also stupid for not listening to his doctors.

"I'm fine now Alex. I just want to see how Ty's doing." He chuckled at me.

"Tyler's dad is in right now. They're not letting more than one person visit him." Liv explained, but as soon as she finished, we noticed Robert- Tyler's father, getting out of the room. Trevor instantly rushed to him, asking something, while we all walked closer.

"What happened?" Liv asked, as we were all waiting impatiently for an answer.

"He's better. He want's to talk to Alexa." Robert answered now looking at me. I couldn't believe my own ears. Tyler wants to talk to me? Why?