Chapter 17: Déjà vu

Start from the beginning

"So how have you been, Mr. Petropoulis?" Her neutral tone made me squirmed inwardly. She looks unaffected, but I didn't let her tone affects me.

It's funny, I should be the one to cut the tension and control the conversation, not the other way around.

"So formal, sweet pea." I smirked.

Probably she's fiercer now in bed than before. The thought of her that night barging in my room trying to seduce me was really shocking yet so turning on. And just now, I'm feeling my friend stirring to life as I remember her on her cream night gown clinging to her sexy curves.

"Don't call me that, Mr. Petropoulis. I'm not that naive, innocent girl anymore." She shot me a cold look, then she grabs the glass of water that's sitting in front of her, then made a tentative sips.

"Thirsty, huh?" I commented, ignoring her vexed retort as I watch her throat when she swallowed the water, but then I regretted it.

Her smooth sexy neck made me feel thirsty.

I involuntarily grab my wine and made a successive sips, then place it down on the side. I felt like my throat suddenly ran dry, and I could practically taste my parch throat.

I look at her, ignoring the erotic effects of her presence. "You may have change sweetpea, but I know the sweet girl I had love is still there, hiding behind that mask." I smirked. She can't fool me. I could see a tinge of longing in her beautiful gray eyes that I love.

She heaved a sigh, before she opens her beautiful tempting mouth. I've been trying not to look at it because, it's just so hard to just stare without doing anything. "Let's just get to business, Mr. Petropoulis." She opens the folder she has been holding a while ago, and slides it in front of me.

Feisty.

"Of course! ..." I took my wine and made a sip, with my eyes still glued to her. " .. but only if you will say yes to a dinner tonight." I negotiated, then I place the glass back on the table delicately. Maybe getting things into business approach would finally make her succumb to my will.

Her face disgruntled, then again, her poker face settles back. "Not a fat chance, Mr. Petropoulis." She folded back the folder, then pulled it back to her side. "Look, I came here to do business. If you are not willing to be a professional," she took her purse and hoisted it in her shoulder, then she grabs the folder. I was just watching her, still entrance how she became fiercer, I've never thought she would.

Seeing her here in New York was really surprising, but it really surprises me how she looks like right now.

So poised and classy.

New York really did good to her.

"..then I must leave, Mr. Petropoulis. Good day!" She stood up and about to leave when I found my voice.

I felt alarmed. "Aside from buying a condo for Mr. Agnelli, I'm buying a penthouse too." She stops on her tracks, then she thought for a second before walking back to her seat.

"What do you say, Ms. Pallos?" If talking to her in a businesslike tone would make her stay, then I will- for now.

I'm desperate and when Nicolai Petropoulis is desperate, there's now way in hell I won't get it, even if I had to go through hell.

She sat back in her chair and then place all her stuffs on the chair next to her.

"Just one dinner?" She ask, propping her elbows on the table. Her well-define eyebrows were a bit slanted, vexation is clear in her eyes.

I nodded. "One dinner."

She agreed.

I almost flip in happiness.