Chapter 3 - Peeta's POV

Peeta's POV

   That's it. The elections are over. With Celstia only wining by ten votes. Such a close match. All I am praying for is; One, to see Gale. Two, hope that Panem is not going to go mad. 

  I know that I am not going to be as upset as Katniss. I am going to have to comfort her, and hope she doesn't take it too far. Katniss was silent on the way back. I think she was too much in awe.

  "Katniss?" I asked.

   "Leave me alone, Peeta." Katniss replied.

   "If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine" Haymitch said.

    "You. You should have been it. The president. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU!" Katniss yelled.

    "Katniss I-" Haymitch said.

   "Don't. Just don't" Katniss said. 

   I was sitting in awe. We had made it back to the capitol. Katniss still silent.

   "Now what?" Katniss said as we were sitting at the lunch table.

   "Do we just wait to be traumatized by the capitol?" 

   "We are still apart of the capitol." I said.

   "Celistia will soon enough start the Hunger Games." She said.

   "You are her IDOL." I said.

    "Not anymore, I killed Snow." She said

    "You didn't kill Snow, they did!" I said with deep anger

    "You should... Just don't..." She stopped.

    "I should what? I should 'shut up'?" I yelled.

    "No I... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Katniss was filled with anger.

    "ENOUGH!" Haymitch yelled.

   My kids were just quietly sitting. I felt sorry for yelling at Katniss in front of them. I wasn't mad. She was. I knew from her look. I... I don't know what I felt. There we were just silently sitting at the dinner table. Then, the hologram turned on. 

   It was President Snow. Or should I say, Celsitia. Celistia said, " Hello, all of Panem. As you know, I am the newest president. And as my first order. I will, be holding the Hunger Games, in honer of my Grandfather. Don't be upset. Yes, rebellions you do not want this to happen. But it is for my grandfather. You shall not STOP ME!!" 

  Katniss was crying, my kids confused. Haymitch, hating the elections. Me, again, with an empty feeling.