Act 05 - Good Afternoon!

...

"Oh, good afternoon, Miss Eve!" a cheerful voice greeted.

The Queen turned her head towards the sound; it was quite obvious that the new figure was indeed, not Pesop. It was Chung Seiker, a young prince who was below average height, well-known around the campus for his sweet, kindhearted, tender, but timid personality.

Eve gave him a slight nod to acknowledge his greeting, taking another sip of her royal tea. Ophelia politely waved, as the other two servants kept working away like slaves.

"Ah, now I remember! You were in charge of cleaning the classroom today." he softly chuckled. "I know you already have your handy helpers, but, would you like me to join in, too? I was originally here to pick up my textbook, as I left it in my desk again, but..." Chung's voice trailed off for a moment, as he sheepishly smiled while scratching the back of his head, awkwardly. "It'll be easier with six hands rather than four, right? Though I'm not sure that I'd be very useful to begin with..."

She blinked, never actually recalling that Chung was in the same chemistry class as she was. The Nasod averted her gaze to Ophelia first, who gave her a shrug in response. Then, she glanced over at Oberon and Ferdinand. They were cleansing and scrubbing at a moderate pace, as both of them were extremely careful with the process for a spotless area. The extra aid would've been beneficial, too, and it was voluntary, which made it all the better.

"Do as you wish." Eve finally looked at Chung, nodding her head.

"Alright, I won't fail you, Miss Eve!" the Deadly Chaser declared, filled with determination.

The Queen never really understood why he was so eager, especially when the task involved tedious chores.

~

About fifteen minutes later, the job was successfully completed. In fact, Eve could've sworn that she witnessed shimmering sparkles due to the cleanliness.

"Phew! That wasn't so bad. It was kind-of fun!" Chung laughed. "I know what you're thinking, you probably see me as an oddball, huh?"

Eve shook her head, everybody had their own preferences; his interests didn't bother her, though she was the exact opposite.

He strolled down the pathway in between desks, until he reached his. She watched, learning that he sat all the way in the back. Eve never paid heed to these types of small details, she usually didn't care about her classmates unless they were significantly memorable.

Chung retrieved his book, girlishly hugging it to his chest with both arms. He immediately rushed back to stand by Eve's side, smiling ever so brightly, as he always did. His sky blue eyes and his luscious blonde hair complimented his grins ever so perfectly; the Prince was a work of art.

"Ah, um. M-May we walk home together, if you don't mind? I believe my house is pretty close to yours..." he shyly offered, it was adorable.

"I suppose so."

The pair left the school building (after Eve dismissed her servants), sauntering alongside each other.

~

The Prince hesitated, though he eventually started a conversation, mustering up the courage to do so. "Say, Miss Eve. Have you heard of the formulated hearts and keys?"

"Oh, those. Yes, Eve has received one of the packages containing them." she calmly replied, keeping up the same momentum in her graceful steps onto the sidewalk.

"Ahaha, I can't help but to wonder who my lifelong soulmate will be, you know? Maybe it could even be you, Miss Eve." his last statement was a lot quieter, the Chaser immediately regretted uttering such words, as a blush rose up to his soft cheeks.

"Me? It would be pointless to be 'lovers' with a Nasod."

"H-Huh? I disagree with that. I think you're... rather cool, Miss Eve."

"Eve disagrees with your disagreement."

"Oh..." his chortling filled the air once more. "Well, Chung disagrees to your disagreement regarding my disagreement."

"..." the Queen was speechless.

"Does that mean I win?"

"Negative."

...