Act 00 - Faded

...

It was merely a distant memory for the preeminent Queen of Nasods. In fact, it was so distant that Eve had no clue regarding that particular recollection during the present day.

The trail leading up to change occurred eight years ago, when the Little Queen was first starting to enroll in the third grade. Sure, the Nasod didn't exactly need the schooling, having an IQ far beyond that of a third grader, but Eve desired to stick with humans around her age.

Yes, desired.

She wasn't always a figure devoid of emotion, she had them at some point in her life, during her earlier years. Eve was the only exception among her race, being the supreme ruler of them all.

But, everything was altered once one of her new classmates intervened through her lifestyle.

A boy who had already endured so much through the first few stages of his life; a boy psychologically scarred, drowning in mad insanity. Cold, bitter, antisocial, and completely closed shut to those around him. Dubbed as one of the typical 'problem' kids, but could you really have blamed him for his actions?

Add was his name.

It was an ordinary day, Eve was trying to become friends with the new students that weren't in the same classes as her during previous years. 

Her progress was running smoothly, everyone had accepted her kind offer of friendship, until she reached the quiet boy, sulking alone in angst in the corner of the room, his frail, skinny arms hugging his abnormally pale knees.

"Hi there! My name is Eve. What's your name?" she had greeted, glancing down at the child's face, noticing a white patch (presumably made out of cloth, judging by the Little Queen's hypothesis) embellishing his eye.

Add stared upwards at the new presence, remaining dully silent as he refused to answer, saying nothing at first.

Eve smiled, extending her hand out to him. "Want to be friends?"

After a moment of silence, he finally responded with a scoff, as his lips crooked into an impish grin. "Me? Friends with you? Why would I be friends with scrap pieces of metal bundled together?"

Shocked at his reply, the Nasod had trouble countering his statement. "H-Huh? E-Eve isn't..."

"You should know that you're just some stupid robot, so why are you trying to be so much like us humans? Go away. I have no business with a Nasod like you." he glared, a tint of annoyance in his eyes.

"E-Eve... just wanted... to be... friends...!" she cried, her eyes feeling 'swollen', tears trickling down her cheeks, and her voice hoarse.

Add rolled his eyes. "Didn't I say to go away already? You shouldn't refer to yourself in the third person, either. Bye, stupid robot, I don't want anything to do with you. Nasods are supposed to be emotionless, right? So I don't see why you have them in the first place."

"I'll just remove my emotional circuits, then!" the Little Queen stomped her feet and stormed off out of the school area, running as fast as she could, attempting to hold back from being misty-eyed.

Feeling insecure, she had moved and transferred schools, hoping to avoid Add forever. Soon after, the job was done. From that time onward, Eve was the same as any other Nasod: incapable of experiencing human emotions.

...