chapter four - Erica 2.0

"Excuse me, do you know this women" my dad asked to Derek. He must have heard him whisper Erica's name. "Yea, she's a" I saw Derek struggling to find the words. I'd never seen him like this. He's eyes were blank, his face expressionless but his hands were baled into fists. "Was a good friend of mine" Derek finally said. "Dad what happened"? the smell was horrible. "I don't know Stiles". Dad was shaking his head while writing down some notes. "We got an anonymous call from a woman saying there was a body here" My dad looked at Erica's lifeless body in the ambulance "But by looking at the body, and don't even get me started on the smell, she must have been laying here for 3 days". Immediately I turned to face Derek who looked at me shocked. "What? Stiles what"? Dad grabbed my arm. "We were at the mall 40 minutes ago" I said. "So"? dad answered while losing his grip on my arm. "With Erica" Derek added.

"Cal Isaac" We got back in the car after I convinced my dad to look at the video tapes as soon as possible from the mall. Basically to proof that we are not crazy. And we have to wait for the autopsy to make sure her body was laying there for more than 40 minutes. "God Damnit Stiles what is wrong with you? Do I have to ask everything twice before you snap out of your thoughts “I could see that Derek was trying not to punch the car door. "I'm sorry oke" I grabbed my phone from my pocket. "I know you are upset about what just happened but I’m not the one who killed Erica, I’m just as confused as you are" I looked out the window trying to hold in my tears. Please don't let this be anything supernatural. "I know Stiles, and I'm sorry" Derek gave me his phone cause he knows that I don't have Isaac's number. "Something is just not right".

Isaac was already waiting inside as we arrived at Derek's place. I couldn't great him cause Derek went all werewolf on Isaac within two seconds. Red eyes, punching him to the wall, thats my Derek. "YOU SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED HER"! He slammed him again to the wall. And a punch in his face. That one must hurt. "YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER LET HER GO HOME ALONE! THATS WHAT I TOLD YOU 2 WEEKS AGO" Now I was feeling a little bad for Isaac. "Derek, could you just, let him explain"? red eyes were looking at me right now. "Please"?

Isaac touched his cheek after Derek let him go. It was healed in seconds. "I dropped her off at her house, I saw her walk in" Isaac was giving me the 'what the hell is going on' look. "She's dead" Derek said. I could tell he was still upset. My phone was ringing. Dad. "I have to take this" I said as I walked to the other room. Derek nodded. I could hear them arguing as my dad told me news that I didn't want to hear. "Stiles" Isaac was losing his temper, he has no idea what is going on, actually we all don't know what is going on. "Tell me what the hell is going on" Isaac could burst out any minute. "My dad told me the results of the autopsy" it felt like my heart was going to pound trough my chest. "She has been dead for 22 hours" I looked at Derek. "Cause of death"? He asked. "Well, thats also a weird part. It seems like that her heart just stopped beating, like a heart attack, but they have no idea why her body smelled like she has been dead for four days" I was waving my hands like an idiot while explaining this. "so. who did I drove home"? asked a very confused Isaac.

"Isaac start the car we are going to Erica's place to find out if she, ore whatever looks like her is still there and you are going to tell me everything about what she did the last three days" Derek already had a plan? "And you" He was looking at me right now. "Go home, text Alice you'll be there tomorrow and go to sleep. I don't want you to get involved". "Well it's a little bit to late for that now" I was getting angry. I´m done being bossed around, I can and I want to help. "I knew Erica to, you know, and whatever happened, whatever got her dead, I want to help" It felt like I was begging Derek. "Fine" was his answer. "You do what you do on Google and ask on school after the weekend about Erica, but promise me you'll go to see Alice tomorrow" I sighed. "I promise". Maby I should get my dad drunk again to get some information. "Call me after you find something" and with that saying, Derek was gone. But I realised something.. "DUDE! You brought me here, I don't have a car" Damnit. They were already gone. "Fine... I'll walk".

"I'll go check out Erica's body to see if I can find anything suspicious" Scott said on the phone. I told him what happened tonight. I don't know if Derek is oke with that, but I could definitively use his help. "Be careful oke and call me tomorrow" I was getting really tired. I looked at my watch, 01:05AM. "I will, and you have fun with Alice tomorrow" Scott answered, and then hung up on me. Alice probably told Allison and Allison told Scott. Damnit Allison.

[TEXT TO ALICE] Hey Alice, You still need some help with chemistry tomorrow?

I’m not expecting her to text back since it's freaking late. I'm actually curious about what Derek and Isaac found out. But what the hell, Stiles needs his beauty sleep. I jumped in my bed. "mhmm so comfortable"