Chapter 39 Tina's POV

"Benjiiiiiiii," I chirped as I walked down my street and on my way to the sandlot.

"Hey Tina," he smiled brightly. "I'm surprised you're up this early," he laughed jokingly and stopped to wait for me.

As I caught up, I grabbed his hand and suggested, "Hey, maybe we can skip the sandlot today?"

His smile quickly grew into a smirk. "I mean I guess, but what would we do?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. We could go watch the greasers' drag races."

"Nah," he dismissed nonchalantly. "We could get in trouble."

"Okay then, Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes, what should we do?" I asked.

"We could just talk," he offered. "Maybe at the ice cream parlor?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "Yeah, that'd be nice."

"Bitchin'," he grinned and pulled me to the ice cream parlor since I had never been there before.

We ordered our ice cream and sat at a table outside. The air was humid and it smelled of cooking hotdogs.

We sat in silence for a bit until I finally asked a question that was tugging at me.

"So what's with Yeah-Yeah?" I asked, finishing the rest of my ice cream, as well as Benny.

"What do you mean?" he asked confusedly, but as if it were nothing.

"I mean," I said slowly, "don't you think he's acting a bit weird lately? Especially with Yorky?"

He shrugged and chuckled. "Yeah-Yeah's always been weird, especially with Yorky."

I laughed at his humor, but I really was worried about the kid. I tried to shake it off, though. I didn't want to ruin our time alone, since we barely got any; the gang usually tagged along. I took advantage of this and pecked his lips, making a smile grow on his face.

Something caught my eye, for it made a sudden movement. I looked in that direction and saw eleven people - eight boys, three girls - looking for something. And that something was Benny. Speak of the devil.

I grabbed his hand quickly, but casually and hurried into the parlor. I pulled him to the booth in the very back.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I saw the boys and Chrissy, Emmee, and Yorky," I told him. "They were looking for us."

"Oh," he sighed. "I just hope they don't come in here looking for u -"

Just as he was about to finish his thought, the door opened and the bell rang.

"Excuse me Miss," Kenny's voice floated through the air, talking to the elderly woman at the counter.

"Yes?" she asked sweetly.

"Have you seen Benjamin Rodriguez with a girl lately?" Timmy asked.

"Whom?" she questioned confusedly.

"Benny the Jet Rodriguez?" Tommy clarified.

"Neighborhood legend," Ham put in.

"Yeah, yeah," Yeah-Yeah agreed, "the kid who finally pickled the beast."

"The greatest baseball player the sandlot's ever seen," Bertram told her.

"Only the biggest Maury Wills fan, ever," Chrissy implied.

"My apologies, but I don't know whom you're speaking of," the poor lady told them.

Squints rudely sighed exasperatedly and exclaimed, "Well now what are we gonna do?"

"We could always just, i don't know, have ice cream!" Ham suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good, plus it's burning outside," Emmee agreed.

"Yup, plus you're banned from the pool," Yorky laughed.

"Okay, okay," Bertram chuckled. "Let's order."

"I hope they don't notice us," I whispered to him, squeezing his hand.

"Me too," he seconded, kissing my cheek.

We sat impatiently and waited for them to sit down so we could eavesdrop.

_______________
Yoooooo so this is a short chapter bcs there's two sides of it. The other side will be the next chapter. Sorryyyyy for not having as much Tinna x Benny I'll be working on that, as well as Emmee x Squints. So after this chapter, I'm estimating about 10 more parts till this book is over. Man, after this month, I'd be writing this book for about a year. The first few chapters are complete rubbish xD. So anywayyyy, the next chapter picks up where this one left off. I hope you guys liked this although it was only about 530 words (not counting the a/n). I usually write 900-1000+. Also, pls follow me to keep up with this story bcs sometimes I post updates. So yea. Ily stay goldddd.