Chapter 9 Alaska's POV

Just then something totally unexpected-and disgusting-happened.

Phillips and his team rode by on their bikes and grabbed Christian by her waist and rode off. "Hey!" Yeah-Yeah yelled.

"Andrew?!" I screamed and took off after the bikes. I heard the boys' and Sadies' footsteps running as well. I outran all ten of them. As I was running, I kept screaming, "Andrew!" I started scooping up rocks as I sprinted after The Tigers and heaved them at their backs and heads.

I was completely out of breath and I used the last of my energy to fire my last rock as hard as I could at the head of the boy who had Christian. I collapsed to the ground. He shrieked in pain and let her go instantly. She stumbled but ran towards me. Everything looked too bright and I couldn't focus my eyes. My head was pounding and I couldn't breathe. I had to take many shallow breaths just so I stay conscious longer. She passed by me in a blur, but she pulled me up and she hooked my arm around her neck. The last thing I remember was another warm body taking me from her arms and carrying me.
-
Christian's POV

Phillips took me at least two neighborhoods away from the sandlot. Alaska chased after me the whole time. I never seen someone run so fast. Not even Benny. When I scooped her up I thought she would be heavier. When we reached the sandlot, Yeah-Yeah took her from me and I collapsed on the bench in the dugout. Timmy sat next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes for a second and felt someone else plop down on the bench. I looked over and it was Yeah-Yeah. He was still holding Alaska and his cheeks were as red as red gets. I watched him push her hair outta her face. I really thought he was gonna kiss her and I smirked. The rest of the boys and Sadies were still chasing after The Tigers and who knows what else. A few minutes later the boys and Mercedes were still gone, I'd recovered, but Laska still wasn't conscious. "What are we gonna do?" Yeah-Yeah started panicking.

"I know what to do," I said and took out an ice cold water bottle from the cooler. Since she was still laying on His lap I made him think I was gonna throw it on her. I threw it on him instead and laughed. "Haha loser," I taunted.

"Whatever," he said wiping his face and Timmy was laughing.

-1 hour later-

Alaska finally woke up and everyone had come back. "We...are...playing...against...The...Tigers...next...week," Ham sputtered out between breaths.

"For what?" Timmy asked.

"Yeah yeah, for what?" Yeah-Yeah agreed.

Benny looked uncomfortable and said, "For the girls."

"What?" Christian and I said in unison.