Chapter 7 Christian's POV

"He is pretty cute," she admitted.

My jaw dropped so low it basically touched the floor. "Alaska Adiego plus Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez!" I taunted.

"Shut up! I already know who you like!"

"No you do not," I said, matter of factly.

"Oh yeah? Then spill it," she ordered me.

"I don't like anyone. Not at all."

"Can it. I know you have your eyes set on Timmy!"

"Let's go watch the boys play at the sandlot," I said to change the subject.

"I guess that's cool, but I know you just wanna see Timmy."

I rolled my eyes and walked out the doorway. Alaska followed me all the way to the sandlot.

We quietly tip-toed into their makeshift dugout. They were too busy busting their butts practicing to make their own Little League team. De Nunez pitched a fastball to Benny and he swung as hard as he could. We all heard the crack of the bat and he dropped it nonchalantly. He watched the ball sail over the fiberglass fence. All the other boys groaned and jeered at him for losing their only ball. As he jogged around the bases they all started beating him with their gloves.

Alaska's POV

The boys started beating Benny with their gloves. He rounded third and looked right at me. I guess he didn't notice Christian and I at first so he did a double take. He smiled right at me and I felt my face burn madly. I also felt a sharp elbow stab at my side. Christian's elbow. I couldn't help but let a shy smile consume my face. He returned a grin and instantly stopped when Yeah-Yeah smacked him upside the head with his glove. "Hey!" he growled. I giggled and looked over at Christian. She was staring at Timmy and practically drooling. I resumed watching Benny and he was walking over to us. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped. "Did you guys hear that?" he asked, listening carefully.