Chapter 28 Benny's POV

Everyone was teasing me because Alaska wanted to race me, but honestly I wasn't in the mood. But I was about to accept the challenge, then I saw something move in the bushes.

"Who's that?" I asked in case anyone knew and pointed to left field. Everyone shrugged.

"C'mon lets go check out what it was," I said, walking as calmly as I could to the dry, overgrown brambles. Everyone followed me and whispered to each other about what they thought it was. As we got nearer, I saw it wasn't a what, it was a who.

My eyes widened when I saw her face. She had warm brown eyes and a beautiful smile. Her black hair was long and looked soft and silky.

I didn't realize I was staring until Squints nudged me and whispered, "Benny man, she's talking to you."

I shook my head. "Uh sorry."

She giggled. "That's okay. Um I'm Tina," she introduced herself.

"I'm Christian McClennan, but you can call me Chrissy; that's my brother Alan 'Yeah-Yeah' McClennan; Bertram Grover Weeks; Timmy and Tommy Timmons; Hamilton Porter, we call him Ham; Kenny DeNunez; Scott Smalls; Michael 'Squints' Palledorous; Alaska Adiego; and that's Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, also known as 'Benny the Jet," but we just call him Benny," Chrissy introduced and we all smiled and waved when she said our names.

"Do you play baseball? I asked before thinking.

She tilted her head and said, "I know a bit about it."

"Cool," Alaska said. "Where you from?"

"Canada," she told us. "And you're from New York?"

"Yeah," Alaska smiled, hard core accent audible.

"What's wrong with your voice, Laska?" Squints asked.

"Yeah yeah," Yeah-Yeah agreed.

"Nothing, I was just trying to cover up my accent, but I don't need to anymore since I'm not the only one who's not from here," she told us, still sounding like a raw New Yorker.

Tina smiled. "I think we're probably gonna get along great."

Chrissy and Laska smiled real big. "Come on," Christian said excitedly and they were about to drag her somewhere.

Yeah-Yeah was about to follow them, but Alaska snapped at him, "No," and the three girls walked off.

We watched them walk, but I was staring at Tina.

"Why do you still like Alaska even though she's mean to you?" Timmy asked Yeah-Yeah.

"Well let's put it this way; she's the prettiest hell I've ever been in and I don't mind burning at all," Yeah-Yeah answered, smiling and swooning over Laska while his eyes wandered south on her body.

Gross.

__________________________

Alaska's POV

Chrissy, Tina, and I walked over to my house talking and getting to know each other. She was really cool. I could Benny liked her, and that's rare, but I wasn't sure if she liked him.

Anyway, we walked to my house and the minivan my mom drives was parked in the driveway. We went up to my room and Tina sat in my bay window, Chrissy in my office chair and spun around in circles, and I layed on the floor tossing a baseball.

"I think Benny like you," Chrissy told Tina, laughing from the dizziness.

She blushed like crazy. "No, he doesn't, we don't even know each other."

I smirked. "That's his problem, he likes a girl, and he gets to know her, and in the process he falls more and more helplessly in love. Then when she leaves he's a total mess."

"Yeah, that's true," Chrissy confirmed.

Tina furrowed her eyebrows. "Whatever, if he likes me I don't care, but I don't like him."

Lie.

"I can't even imagine liking him as of right now," she added.

Another lie.

"You just keep telling yourself that," I said.

"Yeah, every girl has liked Benny at one point, even I have," Chrissy admitted. "A lot even seem to keep liking him, but whenever he gets a girlfriend, he's so loyal he'll barely even talk to us," she said, motioning to me and herself. "And he barely even plays at the sandlot."

"Yeah, it's true and I've only been here for one of his girlfriends," I told her.

"Oh," she replied. "So he's a player?"

"No way," I answered, bewildered that anyone could ever think that of him.

"Actually the exact opposite," Chrissy said.

Tina nodded approvingly. "He seems like a nice guy."

"He is," I agreed, not knowing what else to say.

"So what high school are you gonna go to?" Chrissy asked.

"American High School, you guys?" she said.

"Same one," I told her, smiling.

"Yeah," Chrissy grinned. "We all are."

__________________________

Squints's POV

We played ball until the sky got dark. I was thinking about heading to Alaska's house, because I really wanted to ask her out on a date. I liked her a lot and I wanted to call her my girl, but I knew Yeah-Yeah loved her, and he was my best friend so I decided against it.

Instead, all us boys went to the carnival. We thought about riding the Trabant (the ride we threw up on three summers ago,) until we noticed something new. A kissing booth. I nudged Yeah-Yeah and Ham, which caught the attention of Kenny, Bertram, Benny, Timmy, Tommy, and Smalls. We looked at the booth and I smirked when I saw Wendy Peffercorn. There was no way I was passing up that opportunity.

"C'mon guys, let's get in line," I said excitedly.

Yeah-Yeah, Benny, and Timmy shifted uncomfortably.

"No thanks," Timmy said. "I've got Chrissy and I wouldn't do that to her."

"Yeah yeah, I don't like Wendy," Yeah-Yeah lied, but we all knew the real reason was because he wanted his first kiss to be Alaska.

"Me neither," Benny agreed.

"Your loss," Bertram said and the rest of us ran in line.

__________________________

Benny's POV

Timmy, Yeah-Yeah, and I watched as everyone else ran in line to kiss Wendy. I don't know what exactly happened, but I heard a bunch of people yelling, and when I looked over, I saw a guy pulling Squints away from Wendy because he was kissing her and holding her face so it would last longer. Finally they pulled him away from her and yelled even more.

Him, Kenny, Bertram, Smalls, Tommy, and Ham ran towards me and we could tell to run too.

__________________________

Hey guys, sorry this chapter sucked, but I don't know what to write about. Leave suggestions in the comments please. Comment and vote, even follow if you want. Thanks, ilysm and Stay Gold