Chapter 38 Alaska's POV

A yelp escaped his lips and we all gasped...

"Yeah-Yeah!" I shrieked once the ball made contact with his eye. He fell to his knees, (what a cliché boy), and clutched his eye.

We all rushed over to him and crowded around. The circle consisted of "Are you okay?" and "Does it hurt bad?"

He tried to tough it out, but we all know that that scrawny boy was lying his butt off. Also, he was inhaling and exhaling sharply.

In the midst of all our nervous chattering, we failed to notice that he was bleeding.

"Oh my God!" Ham squealed.

"What?" Kenny asked.

"He's bleeding!" Scotty pointed out.

"Yeah yeah, but I'll be okay. It's just a little cut," Yeah-Yeah told us, removing his hand from his eye for us to see. He revealed a swollen blue eye that was already bruising and had a gash under his socket, not to mention a mark the seams left through his eyebrow.

"You stupid idiot!" Bertram exclaimed.

"Go clean that up, man!" Timmy told him.

"Go clean that up, man!" Tommy echoed.

"Are you okay, Yeah-Yeah?" Benny asked, and got a vigorous nod in response.

"Are you stupid, Benny? Look at him!" Squints exclaimed, motioning dramatically to his best friend.

"Yorky, go take him to get something to make that better!" Tina told me, and Chrissy smirked as if she knew something.

"Go on now," Chrissy said, shooing us off, but looked worried.

"But-" I started to argue.

"No but's!" Emmee shouted at me sternly. "Just go!" she instructed, obviously disgusted with all the blood - we all were.

At this point, blood was streaming down his cheek and his hands and shirt were covered in it as well. I tried my best not to gag, but it was hard.

"C'mon, let's go," I told Yeah-Yeah and put my hand on the center of his back for comfort.

He tensed up when I touched him, but he agreed to let me clean him up.

«««»»»

We walked to his house, and to his dismay, Xavien was sitting on the stoop with all his friends.

"Hey Squirt," Xavien called to his brother, earning chuckles from the group. Then he looked at me and smirked, "Alaska."

"Hi Xavien," I blushed, remember out past incidents. It was kinda embarrassing though, since I didn't have feelings for him.

"C'mon, let's go," Yeah-Yeah told me, obviously abashed. We walked up to the bathroom and he instructed me where to get a washcloth and the first aid kit.

I sat him on the toilet and wet the cloth to clean the blood. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him watching me. Then I moved on to clean the cut. I dabbed it gently and got the alcohol to kill the bacteria. He flinched when it touched his wound and sucked in air through his teeth.

"It's okay," I cooed and rubbed his shoulder comfortingly. "Just let me help you."

"Okay," he agreed, loosening up.

I proceeded to clean his wound and applied antibiotic cream. Then I unwrapped a bandaid and put it over the cut.

"All better," I smiled, making him grin goofily.

"Yeah yeah, thanks, now let me change and we'll go get an ice pack," he said and changed real quick in his room, then came back out.

We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. He opened the freezer and pulled out an ice pack. He was gonna apply it directly to his eye, but I snatched it from his grasp.

"You're an idiot," I laughed and wrapped it in some paper towels. "There you go Squirt," I smirked smugly and handed it back to him.

"Yeah, yeah, thanks," he grumbled as he blushed and put it on his eye.

"Okay, let's go back to the sandlot," I told him.

" 'Kay 'kay," he agreed and we walked back to our friends.

____

Heyo! So, I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I honestly couldn't really build onto this situation for this chapter. And sorry it took forever as well. I'm trying to be descriptive, but idk what you guys want to read, so drop comments on what I should improve. Comment what you think will happen next! Ily guys, please vote & comment. The next chapter will come when I get 100 views and at least 10 votes. Also, check out my imagine book, it's for The Sandlot  too.