Chapter15 Cracks Of Torment, Filled Up By The Goody. Just Budding Friendship Or?

Chapter15 Cracks Of Torment, Filled Up By The Goody. Just A Budding Friendship...Or..?

____Jacob's POV____

"So, what do you want?" Ashley's previously teary eyes lit up with joy as she beamed at the different flavours of icecream. I found the edges of my lips tug upward into a smile. Today is a day full of unexpected events. My mind goes back to all the times when I was attracted to her, when I thought she's a complete b*tch and today, when I don't just think that she's JUST a hot girl, but I know that there's a complete diffferent side of her too. Its...its like I'm not obsessed with her looks anymore (not that I was before, just saying). I feel like kicking myself for thinking about her like that. I'll never have a crush on her and even I know that. I looked down at her, as she tapped her index finger on her chin with a scrunched up expression on her face. She looked like a little kid who had to make a life and death decision: choose between icecream flavours.

I'm glad I could make her smile. And I'm not so stupid to ask her to talk about her father or her brother and LET IT ALL OUT. Thats what most people will do, but its mean to scrape bad memories when you know that it's not going to make the person better but the complete opposite.

I felt someone tugging on my shirt. I found it was Ashley who was trying to get my attention back to the real world. She pointed at the 'Chocochip' icecream. I nodded and turned towards the girl who was standing on the opposite side of the counter. She gave me a flirty smile and I mentally rolled my eyes. I placed our orders and paid for our icecreams as the girl continued twirling her blonde hair and tossing me looks which she thought were appealing but in my opinion, they were desperate.

When I finally got rid of that girl, me and Ashley went back to find a place to sit. Ashley chose a table near a window as she stared out of it, lost in her own thoughts. Her frown which I thought had disappeared was back again even if there were no tears. "I'll just be back in a second." I told her as I rose from my seat and back at the front counter. "How may I help you?" the blondie winked.

I kept my face as blank as I could, trying not to show my irritation. "Can you alter my order please?" she nodded and grabbed her notepad along with a pen. "I'll have two scoops of chocochip instead of one...or better, make that one scoop of chocochip and one scoop of dark chocolate. No changes with the other icecream" I said. She scrawled it on her notepad and then tore a piece of paper from it, handing it to me.

She smiled, fluttering her eyelashes as she asked her co-worker to make changes in Ashley's icecream. I unfolded the piece of paper and found that it had a number written on it. Wow, she was so desperate to hook up that she gave me her number, even if I didn't want it. I crumpled it up and then threw the paper in the bin. The girl came back with our icecream in her hands. "Call me later hottie." she winked again. I felt like laughing when she did that. She should look into the mirror and do that, she would certainly die of embaressment. I took the tray from her hands and smirked. It wasn't my usual expression but that smirk worked on her.

"Back off. If you don't want my girlfriend to kill you. She's the leader of the most powerful gangs out here. Have a nice day." I said, my tone was so sweet that I myself wanted to gag. But the girl was so stupid that she actually believed me. Her eyes went wide in horror as she glanced at the table Ashley was sitting at. Her lips were trembling and I could only imagine her turning white with fear within a minute.

I walked back to our table and placed the double scoop chocolate treat in front of Ashley. She gasped and looked up at me. Yeah, she actually GASPED when she saw it. On our way here, she had told me that she just LOVED chocolate. She said that if she had her house made of chocolate she could even eat that. Thats the reason I added another scoop of it in her icecream, just to make her happy.