twenty two

i was suddenly disturbed from my thoughts and awoken my angie, she was shaking me suddenly so my eyes flinched open. i realized that the bandanna was still covering my eyes and all i saw was the purple color.

"can i take off the bandanna now?" she slipped her hands behind my head to reach for the knot she continued to fiddle her fingers through until the bandanna was loose. my eyes were blinded by the brightness of my surrounding. i realized i was standing at the bottom of the cliff where matt and i had our first date and the place we would go to clear our heads, it was a sacred spot.

i heard the car behind me turn on and speed off, i turned around and saw my car gone with angie inside of it. i turned back around and walked forward towards the top of the cliff where i saw matthew espinosa, by boyfriend, standing there in front of a trail of rose petals spelling "prom?" i looked up from the petals as my eyes began to tear up.

"stpehanie clarke, you have changed me into what i was originally and that's the best part of me that you and i both love. your amazing and always push me to be the best.

i love you to death and the day you spilled your lunch on me i saw those blushy cheeks and knew immediately we had something special but when you dated austin i was so confused which caused me to change because i didn't know how to cope without you.

i know i am very very late on this but please do me the honor of being my date to prom?" i nodded my head, no matter how much his speech was cheesy or cliche i loved him and that's all that matters to me.

[friday]

it was prom day and i woke up in my bed with the room crowded with makeup artists, hair dressers, stylists, and my parents. my mother pulled me out of bed and asked all the people to exit the room for a minute which left my mother, my father, and me all alone. my mother huffed for a quick minute before speaking.

"stephanie this may come to a shock for you but your father and i have talked for a while and i have pretty much forced him into allowing you to live your life i mean he cant treat you like a child forever.

he's willing to accept matthew into your life and let you go to whatever college you desire and if he doesn't your father and i will be getting a divorce which ruins your father reputation as a good husband and a good father." i was shocked at the words my mother spoke but its true if my parents got a divorce it could ruin my fathers reputation which wouldn't help his work ethic.

"honey, if you tell anyone about this plan it could also ruin my life so please just keep this to yourself." i nodded and smiled.

"well speaking of school, i got a scholar ship for a school that i applied to last year and they accepted me and i was hoping to go there......" my fathers eye lit up like a christmas tree.

"and where might this be?"

"berkeley, i got accepted for my photography."

"honey, that school is all the way in new york. you really want to go there?" my mom didnt want me to leave but i had to in order to succeed in life, i wished and prayed to go to this school for years.

"debbie, she said she wanted to go so let her go to berkeley, i know stephanie that its been your dream school and i'm happy you got your acceptance letter id be glad for you to go." i was shocked i began to grab my dad pulling him into a big hug he was startled at first but he accepted it and gave me a hug back.

my mom left the room as well as my dad and called in the stylists to get me ready for prom.

[after getting ready]

by now all the stylists have exited my room and left my house. i finally was able to look in my full length mirror to see what they have done to me.

my dress was simple and a light baby pink with a tint of nude in the pink, it shaped my body perfectly showing my curves and closer to my top thigh is were the dress flowed out, the straps were a sparkly crystal braid following down my back and around.

on the back of the dress from the top of my neck to the middle of my back there was an empty space showing my toned back bones.

on the front, the chest had a v shaped neckline going down to the top of my stomach showing my slight cleavage. the dress was very silky which made it comfortable on my body for my shoes they were fendi' sophie' peep toe pumps.

my hair was slightly curled to a point were it just looked wavy, my makeup was similar to how i do it everyday.

it was a simple smokey eye shadow look and a like nude lip color along with a winged eyeliner and plenty of mascara, i appreciated how they did not add any foundation or anything really because it just weighs my face down is purposeless.

i look at my self a little longer before my mother and father walked into the room, my mother began to cry and shockingly my dad shed a few tears here and there.

"our baby has grown up so fast," my father smiled as well as my mother. this is probably one of the happiest moments because its been a very very very long time since i've seen my dad smile out of real happiness and its the one time when my mom and my dad and me can all actually get along.

if only everyday was like this. when we break the hug we hear a gate buzz.

"well i assume that's your date and it looks like he's right on time." my mother began to walk down the stairs while my father stayed behind one second, he gave me a kiss on the head and walked out of the room following my mother.

i grabbed my purse which matched my dress perfectly. i walked out of room and slowly walked down my staircase seeing matt by the door dressed in his suit holding a corsage, this moment reminded me of a movie like it was going in slow motion.

his eyes meet mine and his eyes glowed and he put on a very cheeky smile. my parents stood side by side holding each other smiling and in this moment i couldn't be happier.