eighteen

when i was done checking my phone, i took a deep breath and got off of matts bed, i began to work my way down back to the kitchen when i heard matt speak up.

"hey babe, we should do something today." i was thinking about making up an excuse to go home so i wont have to go through the pain of being with him and regretting all of it. i started thinking i should go along with it and have one last day with him before i just give up.

"sure like what?" i knew that i dont have the strength to break up with him so its just gonna be slow painful process for me.

"i don't know how about we go to the carnival down town?"

"sure why not, can we just drop by my house so i can get ready?"

"anything for you babe, lemme just get ready myself." he sprinted upstairs while i just sat myself on his couch pondering a plan. my thoughts took over the time and matt came running down the stairs in a manner of seconds.

"daydreaming about me already?" matt chuckled looking at drifting off, i nodded and followed him out to his car and drove off to my house. i texted my mom on the way telling her i was coming by, she responded by telling me my father was still home.

i started to get extremely worried considering my father and matt still haven't meet yet. we were halfway down my street from my house.

"matt just park here, ill walk to my house and meet you back here in about ten minutes." he nods his head understanding what i meant, i get out of the car carrying my things i walked up the street and to my gate.

i climbed up the wall and jumped over, i jogged to my front door and opened it softly. i began to walk up the stairs following to my room when i heard my name being called.

"stephanie get down here now." i tip toed back down the stairs following the voice to my fathers office. when i walked inside he had his glasses on reading the newspaper drinking his cup of coffee.

"stephanie please sit down," i sat down on one of the leather chairs in front of my fathers desk.

"why am i here exactly i have to go get ready."

"well, where were you last night?"

"didn't mom tell you i was at angie's house?"

"yes she did, but then why isn't angie here with you right now?"

"shes waiting in the car outside because were going to the carnival."

"ok.....then whose clothes are you wearing?" i look down to see i'm still wearing matts football sweats and his t-shirt.

"there angies, can i go now?"

"as long as your not hanging around that matthew kid you may be dismissed." the fact that he brought up matt made my angry but i just kept my cool walking to my room.

when i got to my room i threw my stuff on my bed and began getting undressed, i put matts clothes in my hamper and walked over to my closet retrieving clothes to wear today; i picked out a pair of classic jean shorts and paired it with a red and white striped crop top.

i walked over to my bed grabbing my phone and shoes which were my high white converse. i went to the bathroom and brushed my hair out fully realizing how short of hair really is. i let my hair dangle around my shoulders and did my usual makeup.

i grabbed my ray bands and walked downstairs. i quietly walked outside and hopped over the wall, when i climbed over i saw matts car parked down the street right where i left him. i slightly smiled and walked to his car.

i got into his car and matt smiled, we began driving to the carnival when matt told me to pass him the aux cord. he gave me his phone and i plugged it into the aux cord and went to his music and pressed shuffle, the song 'how deep is your love' by calvin harris came on. matt and me have discovered a few weeks ago that our music taste is very similar, we both like rap and house music and a bit of pop, i myself like rap/hip-hop the most or rave music. we finally arrived to the carnival and there was people everywhere.

i was starting to get overwhelmed but i was calmed down by matt grabbing my waist and guiding me to the front, i looked up to him and he gave a kiss on the head, i was dreading this moment so much but it has to be done.