You Are Beautiful

I watched the glittering sea in front of me when I felt a hand on my back. I spun around with a gasp and I see Derek in front of me.

"Can I talk to you?"

"You clearly didn't want to talk a minute ago."

"I didn't want to upset you anymore."

I rolled my eyes, knowing my father would have yelled at my for my rude behavior.

"Very well." I muttered.

"Follow me." He put his hand onto my back again, leading me down the deck. Why is he being so touchy?

We walked to the back and he grabbed my hand. Now I am confused.

"Annabelle, are you doing okay?" What?

"Why would you ask that?"

"Well you seemed so upset and now your extatic, it doesn't make sense."

"Oh I see, because I am not sitting in my room waiting for you to make me feel better about myself, I am acting weird." I snapped.

"No that's not what I'm saying..."

"Yes it is! You left me there! You couldn't even tell me the truth! I am not going to sit around and cry because of a jackass like you! I'm glad you're taking me home."

He fell silent, just stood there.

"I brought you here so I could make sure you were okay. I walked away so when I told you that you are beautiful, you'd know it's genuine. I decided to take you to the Caribbean so you could have your adventure. I am trying to make it up to you and yet you still yell at me. What's the point anymore? If you want to go home then fine." He let go of my hand and walked away. I just stood there trying to keep from bursting into tears.

He was trying to make me feel better and here I was trying to hurt him back. I'm a horrible person. I need to apologize, the guilt is eating me alive.

I hiked up my dress running back to the front to catch up to him.

"Wait!" I said, he stopped walking and turned around just as I stepped on the hem of my dress and fell straight into his chest.

"I'm sorry." I said, the tears rolling down my cheeks. He wiped them off with his thumb as he stared into my eyes.

"I'm sorry to." He said bringing his lips down onto mine. I was so glad his other arm was wrapped around my waist otherwise I'm sure I would have melted. Butterflies swarmed inside of me as his lips slid over mine. He lightly bit my bottom lip and the air left my lungs in a gasp. He used that to side his tongue into my mouth, running it across mine. I felt my mind cloud over and a ball of warmth worked it's way up into my chest and I let out a small moan. I weaved my hands through his hair, tugging on it lightly. He pushed my body harder against his before pulling back and placing a few small pecks on my lips before placing one last one on my forehead.

"You are beautiful Annabelle, don't you ever think otherwise."