Be Carefull What You Wish For

I jumped onto my bed, screaming into the pillow. How dare he?! I never want to see that man again!

"My lady? Is everything alright?" Grace said walking into my room.

"No everything is not okay! That man is a horrible person! I thought I wanted a man who was handsome and loved adventure but look how that turned out!" I ranted.

"Is he no gentleman?" She asked.

"Not in the slightest."

"I see, are you not going back down?"

"No way, in fact I would like to get out of this and into my night gown please." She nodded and went to my closet pulling out a flowy layered night dress.

"Alright, my lady, turn around so I can untie that corset." She laughed knowing all to well my love for such a thing.

Once out of that bloody thing I threw on my night dress and sat on my bed enjoying my deep breaths once again.

A knock sounded on the door and Grace opened it slightly.

"Oh, sir Derek what are you doing here?" She asked, clearly taken aback.

"I wanted to apologize to the lady, her father said she'd be in here." If only I could tell my father what I thought about his actions with this man.

"Oh, um?" She said glancing at me with a questioning look. I shook my head no.

"She's busy." I heard his laugh before he opened the door all the way nearly knocking my maid down.

"Well, I must clear the air some time and it seems she is my betrothed so I can see her whenever I would like."

Now my blood was boiling! I stomped up to the man and without a second thought my hand smacked his cheek hard and a red handprint displayed across it.

"That was not very lady like of you." He said with a laugh.

"Why should I act like a lady when you act like a brute?!" I snapped.

"I came to apologize, and I get a slap instead? How is that like a brute?"

"Get out of my room!" I yelled.

"You will be a fun little challenge won't you? Very well, and I was only making good fun at the tea party, no hateful intent." He said before walking out.

I slammed the door shut and looked at grace. Her face looked like a I had pointed a pistol at her.

"You two are betrothed?!" She gasped.

"What?"

"He said you are his betrothed, your father must have signed a contract with his own." Oh my god.

"No way, I can't marry him! He drives me insane!" I said frantically walking about before flopping onto my bed.

"Grace, consider my life over." I mumbled into the sheets.