one | hot kids

O N E | H O T  K I D S

It started on a Thursday. Or maybe it was a Tuesday, hell, it could've been a Wednesday.

Either way it was a school day and maybe I should've actually been at school... Jessie sat close to me on the bleachers of the local gym, watching basketball boys play. We were skipping for the third time that week, no intention of actually learning anything since it was all review for exams that were coming up. I didn't really care and neither did Jessie.

She was attractive, I swear she was with darker skin, ruby undertone shining through, wild tightly-spiraled curls and big hazel eyes. Jessie Monroe was gorgeous and I envied it.

Leaning back on her, I listened intently to the discussion we were having about this new boy she'd been dating. Even more than her beauty, I envied the fact that guys just seemed to flock towards her and I wouldn't necessarily call us friends but I stuck by her in hopes it would happen to me.

It might've been morally wrong.

But she wasn't boring, a bit of a hoe although I couldn't judge because I really was worse. I hadn't had a choice in that department though. You see, being apart of the LGBT community, gay being where it applied most to my situation, you tend to involve yourself with a lot of... circumstances that went against the chance that you'd be drafted into a relationship. This was my situation, most of the time the guys I found myself around at late nights were either closet cases or unable to commit.

Being apart of the African-American and the gay community had to be the worst. My family wasn't very tolerant, had never been, our pro-blackness shining through in all the wrong ways and my parents being convinced that gay was just a governmental agenda to kill off the black population. We were heavily Christian and lived in the deep South.

It's easier to understand why all my sexual escapades began and ended in flings and secret caresses mostly with boys who would never be attracted to me but wanted to sate their active libidos.

And really, I didn't see anything wrong with that. I had a lot of sex, I wasn't bad-looking, and Jessie just thought I was in-touch with my feminine side so she kept me around. I'd been faking straight my whole life so I wasn't surprised when she'd been mentioning her newest boy to me with no hesitation. No thought that I'd try and weasel my way into his bed and really, that wasn't my intention. I never once thought to sabotage her like that.

"Are you even listening to me, Elijah?" Jessie had called, running her manicured hand through my hair as she smiled, amused but my eyes had caught onto something or rather someone. Immediately, I shrugged at her while assessing him, biting my lips in thought.

 Immediately, I shrugged at her while assessing him, biting my lips in thought

He was incredibly hot. And most-definitely straight, you could tell with the way he dressed and the way he presented himself: tall and athletically built. The melanin in his skin was prominent and the dreads that he always had pulled up on top of his head, faded underside that I was definitely feeling... it drew me closer. I'd never seen him before and I also understood that I'd have to stake my claim before Jessie did. Possibly out him anonymously or find some dirt that made her gag because although she had a lot of sex, she was picky.

My eyes had moved from him as I caught myself staring too long and he'd been looking around the gym. I assumed that he was trying to find his way into the game and didn't investigate further, my eyes watching the game progress instead.

Turning back towards her when she tapped my shoulder, I watched her smile at me and before I could ask her to further explain her situation (gears turning in my head of ways to get this boy off her list) she spoke, "that's him, Jeremiah."

And she'd already had a hold on him.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BABES.
LET 2017 BE YOUR BEST YEAR YET.
Updated: Jan 1, 2017