Before pushing to open the doors, I took a moment to stop and look around. Despite the doors being the same as it was before, everything seemed to have changed. The garden looks bigger than I remembered, and there are small trees lining the either side of our lawn which were never there before. The front porch also seemed to be decorated with new furnitures and designs. They look like they have been imported from somewhere so I guess my parents visits this home more than I realized.

After admiring my surroundings, which I admit have improved so much and now it looks even more glorious that it already is, I finally pushed the doors open.

As soon as I entered the house, I felt someone's pair of arms suddenly wrapped around me and judging by the scent, I couldn't help but smile in relief.

"Tae!" Baekhyun exclaims, hugging me tightly and he's positively beaming.

Letting out a laugh, I squeezed him back.

"Hyung, I didn't know you were here," I said as we pull apart from each other.

"You don't seem very please to see me," Baekhyun says and pouts teasingly. I let out another laugh.

"Am I that easy to read?" I said and Baekhyun pretends to frown.

"Wow, rude," He says as he jokingly punches my arm.

"I'm kidding, i'm kidding," I said with a grin on my face.

Baekhyun returns the grin and pats me on the back before wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"You hungry?" He asks, leading me towards the living room. This room, too, have changed, and I allowed myself to look around and appreciate the new design.

"Mhm, i'm starving," I replied, still casting my eyes around. Baekhyun untangles himself from me and ruffles my hair before he excused himself to the kitchen to get me something to eat.

I was currently admiring a piece of new painting on the wall when suddenly I heard some footsteps. Turning around, I see both of my parents walking towards me.

I didn't know what to do with myself. Should I hug them? Kiss them on the cheeks? Wave?

At the end, I didn't have to decide on my own because both of them came to hug me briefly and they both flashed me their smiles. I return one to them and I hoped it looked genuine at least.

"It's been so long, Taehyung. Your dad and I really missed you," my mom said with a small smile on her face. I couldn't tell if it's genuine or not. Probably the latter knowing that they only wanted to see me because I finally got caught.

"I missed you too," I said, and I know that we both know that it isn't completely true.

My dad clears his throat awkwardly, which is understandable knowing that we haven't seen each other in about six years.

He motioned for me to sit on the couch as they take the spot across from me.

"I heard from your school that your major is different than we agreed it to be, son," My dad said and I almost have to laugh because they didn't even ask how i'm doing or at least pretended to care about my well-being. He just went straight to the point as if he wants to get this over with as soon as he can. But at least the feeling is mutual. I want to get out of here.

I remained silent, so he continued to talk.

"It was very clear when your mother and I told you that you can live on your own in Seoul but you have to take business in order to prepare you when you take over our company soon."

"I'm sorry," I said, not really apologetic but I do admit that i'm not being fair. We had a deal but I didn't follow through. But in my defence, my dream is on the line and I didn't want to just throw it away.

But I know that no matter what I do, my parents would never back down. If anyone is more stubborn than me, it would be them. And so, knowing that I wouldn't be able to escape this time, I accepted my defeat.

"I'll go back and drop my major to take business like we agreed on. I apologize again for not being truthful and i'm aware this is not the proper behavior of the future CEO of our company. I won't disappoint you this time," I said, almost robotically.

"Good, you can go back now. We actually already called your school. You have until the end of the semester with your current major and after that you'll be taking business and will start training for our company under my supervision, understood?"

I nodded my head, feeling absolutely empty.

"Yes, father."

Deciding that they're satisfied, both of them got up from their seat and leaves the room without even a good bye.

I stayed there for longer, as I let my dad's words sink into me.

I only have until the end of the semester. Fuck, that's only a few months left. After that, I could consider my dreams to be over.

Running my hand down my face, willing myself to hold back the tears that are threatening to come.

For some reason, deep inside of me, I had this hope that after being away from my parents for six years they would at least show some affection and understanding, that perhaps they would actually listen to me but I was so wrong and now i'm hurting. I knew I shouldn't have expected anything because now I can't help feeling so unworthy because my parents, my own parents, can't even love me and only uses me for their own benefits.

Getting up from my seat to leave, I walked towards the doors and pulled them open.

I walked out of the doors and out of the gates, leaving my home without another glance and feeling numb.