Chapter 7: Moving on

July 1st~

I have made the decision that I wont let Harry hurt me. I have moved on from the night in which he told me that we couldn't be togethor. I want to be strong and perservere through this but, somewhere deep down inside of me I can't help but feel myself being ripped to shreds by what he said to me. He told me that I was beautiful and that he liked me...what made him decide to persue a young American girl for the summer all while he had someone at home. I cant believe that he fooled me so hard, he even jeaprodized my relationship with Tanner. Urghhhhh he makes me so mad.

I have gotten multiple messages from him asking if we could talk and how he was sorry. All I could do is cringe and delete the messages from him. The rest of the girls continued to hang out with the boys and me not being able to see Harry caused distance to grow between me and my closest friends. This was another thing that made me angry at Harry.

For the past two weeks I have been holed up in my room but, today I make the decision that I need to get out. I make my way out of my bed and put on my workout suit and prepare myself for a pool workout. When I was in high school the only thing that could relax me was swimming laps. I left my room and turned the corner and ran into my mother.

"Oh my God mom, Where have you been!! Luke and I have missed you and dad do much." I tell her wrapping her in a hug. She hugs me back and asks me if I want to go to get some coffee so she can talk to me. I agree and tell myself that ill swim after coffee. We leave the house and head to Starbucks. Once we get our drinks and sit down, sit starts to ask me questions. I tell her about Harry and she tells me that she is sorry and that she will always be there for me. She all of a sudden gets more serious.

"Honey I have something to tell you and your brother and I want to sit down with the entire family and discuss it. Can we head back to the house and talk?" I agree and by now it is about two o'clock in the afternoon. We get home and I walk into the living room to talk with the family. Once all of us are sitting down my parents look at me and Luke and begin to speak.

"Luke, Alice, your mom and I have made a big decision and we wanted to make sure that you knew about it right away. We have been offered positions as resident archeaologists for Macchu Picchu, in Peru, and we told the company that we would love to take the positions. The only thing is that your mom and I would have to live in Peru for eleven months out of the year. We have decided that you two will stay in the house until summer ends and then both of you will be heading to college. We know that this must be a shock and we will miss you dearly but, we trust you and want the best for our children. The company is sending a car to take us to the airport tomorrow morning and from there we can say our goodbyes." My dad finishes with a look of sadness but hopefullness on his face.

All I can think to do is run up the stairs and into my room slamming my door on the way in. First Harry leaves me and now my parents are jet setting to another hemisphere.  Ironic how my mom had told me that she would always be there for me not matter what just hours ago. What's more is the fact that Luke wont even be around to hang out with me and I practically have zero friends because of the whole Harry thing. I sink into my bed and begin to sob. What has happened with my life, at the start of summer I had friends and a tight bond with my family, and now my friends are like ghosts in the shadows and my family are ripping themselves away from me and leaving the country. I decide that the best thing to do now is finally get in my swim that I had been  planning at the beginning of the day. I get into my Jetta and speed off to the pool. When I get there I jump in and do laps until I cant breath. Sitting on the edge of the pool, I hoist myself up and begin to pack up to head back to the house. I didnt even feel that relaxed, my life must be messed up if swimming wont help me ease the pressure. As I hike my bag onto my shoulder and start to walk out to my car I see someone doing laps in the lane next to the one I had just left. Looking closer I recognize the face and walk over to the lane. Trying to get the swimmers attention, he pulls his head up and I realize that its Tanner. He smiles at me and hops out of the water. I fight the urge to look at his body, man has he been working out more in the past few weeks because I sure do not remember him having a six-pack and toned muscles everywhere. Lets just say the water running down his body from his hair doesnt help the situation. I snap out of it and stand up now face to face with him.