Daniel and I

This chapter does have mention of suicide and Daniel Kyre, but nothing too strong/severe. :) Also, I suggest listening to See You Again by Wiz Khalifa on repeat while reading this chapter. The video is a 1 hour loop so like you're set XD

Things You May Need:

y/n-your name

anything in parentheses is a decision for you to make :)

~Enjoy!~

I sat on the bed that I once shared with my boyfriend. The sheets were so cold, they looked as if they hadn't been touched for months. I knew they had though. I know he has sat in the center of these exact covers for weeks straight without sleep. I know that today is the first time he has left the house in weeks. I also know the stains on the grey sheets aren't from frisky nights or spilt drinks. They aren't from midnight snacks or random spurs of creativity. They're from hours on end of crying and cursing at the sky. From shaking shoulders and balled up fists punching the sheets.

It had been about three hours since Mark had left the house when the door to the bedroom opened. In walked Mark and two of our friends, Matt and Ryan.

They were the ones who had finally convinced him to get of the room he had locked himself in since the tragedy. They had caught him at a time where the door wasn't locked and the room was filled with silence in place of sobbing. Matt had pulled the curtains back and opened the blinds allowing a large amount of sunlight to flood the room. Ryan had helped Mark out of bed, throwing him a pair of jeans and his flannel. Reluctantly, Mark went to the bathroom and changed. He even made a small effort to brush his teeth and comb his fingers through his hair.

And now he was back. His flannel still buttoned up with the exception of the top two buttons. His messy hair even messier than before. A tired gloss in his eyes and bags under his eyes. Matt puts a hand on his shoulder, leaving Ryan to pat his back slightly. Mark can only thank them by flashing a small smile in return to their actions. It's almost as if he's afraid that speaking could make things worse than they already are.

As Mark walks to the window that started this all he looks over the streets in front of our house. The guys follow him, standing a foot away from him, side by side. "We miss (her/him/them) too, Mark. But sooner or later you're going to have to move on. Just like we did for..." Ryan chokes up at the mention of our recently passed friend. "Just like we did for Daniel." he puts a light smile on his face and looks to the ceiling as if looking for Daniel.

Matt can only nod as he clenches his fists and crosses his arms, his jaw tightening as he makes an attempt to stay strong for both Mark and Ryan's sake. Mark sighs and looks down at the ground, shaking his head side to side. "Why don't you guys go downstairs and set up the xbox and I'll be down in a couple minutes?" Mark lets out a low chuckle, coughing afterwards as an effect of not speaking for so long.

The two men walk past me and Daniel-who has recently joined me on the bed. I look to him and smile, taking his hand and squeezing it lightly. He returns the smile and nods his head at Mark. I look over and see that he has started crying, letting it all go after holding it in while hanging out with the guys.

"It's been a long day without you my friend," his soft voice fills the room as he begins to shakily sing.

"And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again." Daniel and I sing along with Mark on the next line.

"We've come a long way, from where we began." Mark reaches up and wipes the tears from his cheek, sighing out at the release of built up sadness.

"Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again." All three us sing one last line of the song before Ryan peeks his head in through the doorway.

"You coming, dude?" he smiles and looks downstairs. "Matt is ordering a pizza if you'd like one."

Mark only smiles and walks right between me and Daniel, his legs passing through our intertwined hands and his torso through our extended off white, feathery wings.

"We miss ya, dude." Daniel speaks into the empty air as Mark heads for the door.

"I love you so much, Markimoo." I smile and give Daniel's hand another squeeze. Mark stops and turns around right before I finish speaking, making me freeze and tense up in my spot. Daniel and I exchange glances then look back to Mark who is looking between the spot where we stand and Ryan. His mouth is wide open, his eyes no longer glazed over.

"You okay, Mark?" he snaps his full attention to Ryan and nods, closing his mouth and blinking a couple times in the process.

"Yeah, I'm just hearing things I guess." he runs a hand through his hair and smiles, continuing with Ryan downstairs. He gets to the bottom with a sudden realization. "Oh hold on, I forgot my phone."

Footsteps echo up the stairs as Mark turns back into the bedroom. He places his hands on top of the dresser, hanging his head and laughing quietly while shaking his head side to side. "I miss you too Daniel. It's a little too quiet without you around. And god, oh god I love you too (y/n). If you hadn't taken your own life as well I would've proposed in a weeks time from that day. But I guess fate wasn't really on my side, was it?" he looks up and turns his head to where Daniel and I still stand, shocked at the words leaving his mouth. "I'm just glad I know you two are okay," his smile allows his canines to peek over his bottom lip and show off his pearly white teeth.

It had been weeks since I'd seen a smile that big. It had been weeks since I'd seen tears of happiness threatening to spill instead of tears of sadness. It had been weeks since he saw the light instead of the dark.

Wow okay, I'm not crying at my own work, that would be weird. hahahaha...haha..ha...ha...
*violent sobs could be heard from Ainsleigh*
but! you can thank AUsAndAwkward for the inspiration for this chapter as I was reading one of their imagines when this idea struck me. And why yes, it was a sad, death filled imagine.

word count: 1160 (wow)

Yours Truly,
LivingTriggerWarning