Chapter Six : Pawns

Start from the beginning

Yoli spotted Khan and some woman flirting and I could tell it pained her. Giving her a look I nodded towards him wanting her to go but she refused to move.

"Go get him, he's waiting for you to tell him how you feel" I said and she gave me a one arm hug before she went throughout the crowd and snatched Khan by his arm as he smiled at her. She was yelling at him and he leaned down and kissed her lips.

Smiling weakly I glanced at my glass for awhile before pulling out my phone from my pouch. There was a text from my mother wanting me to call her and let her know when I was back at the hotel safe and if I didn't call she'd come to New York looking for me.

I texted her letting her know I was okay before I started to play a game of Two Dots when someone came up behind me. Feeling a shiver go down my spine I glanced at the man who I'd never seen before.

He was slightly overweight and his hairline was running away from him. He had bad teeth and B.O that smelled really bad.

"I'm with someone. Please leave me alone" I mumbled but he sat in the seat next to me and continued trying to spit game at me.

"Obviously he isn't that into you if he left you sitting here all alone" he said as he attempted to place his hand up my dress and I slapped him across the face as I stood up.

Everyone at the bar was looking at us and I threw my drink in his face and grabbed my stuff. Ignoring his cursing and the fact that he had begun to follow me. I moved throughout the crowed and towards the front leaving out of the club.

"Hey bitch!" Someone yelled and before I could turn around I heard people gasped as liquor  was tossed all over me by the guy from the bar who'd followed me and before I could grab my mace he was tackled roughly to the ground.

My eyes locked with Kaine and I could feel a lump forming in my throat as his gaze slowly traveled to the man he was holding at gun point.

"Disrespecting her is like disrespecting me and I don't like to be disrespected. Understand?" He questioned eying him menacingly.

"I-I didn't know she was with you" the man stuttered as the women Kaine entered the club with finally exited the club catching up to him.

"You know now. Apologize or I'll have your brains splattered all of the pavement" Kaine demanded as everyone in the line waiting to enter the club watched.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" He cried in a panic and Kaine ordered two of the bouncers to escort the man to the back of the club while he cried and begged to be spared.

"Cmon Carlito lets go back into the club" one of the gyals whined as Kaine fixed his clothes. He watched me for awhile and I turned away from him feeling the awkward tension. It'd been awhile since I'd been in his presence and I didn't know how to talk to him anymore.

After awhile something warm was placed over my shoulders and I touched the fur before side eyeing Kaine who was standing next to me.

He stepped off of the sidewalk and got in front of me with a frown on his face. I expected him to be happy to see me but he didn't seem like he was and it made me feel sick.