Four

Johnny opened his eyes to see green wide eyes staring down on him. His chest felt heavy, and he could hardly breath. "Get..... Off.... Of.....me....." He gasped, as he pushed the heavy little dragon off of him. Only except this dragon wasn't little it had grown a little bit, about a size of a full grown cat. Moonnight hopped off his chest, sitting down beside him, banging her tail on the bed, staring at him. "What do you want?" He ask it. Her stomach rumbled, she tilted her head at him, then flung her wings out and squawked at him.
"Johnny?" His mother knocked silently on his door, "is that you I hear?" Panicking Johnny pushed Moonnight off the bed where the wall and the bed meet. She squealed and clawed the blanket, trying to get back up, but couldn't hold her weight and fell. "Yes, mother it was me, I just.... Uh.... Woke up." Johnny said to his mother, who pushed opened the door and walked in with a plate filled with food.

"Oh, good! I was hoping you were. I've brought you breakfast, in case you were hungry." She came and placed the tray on his bed, and sat down next to him. "How's your foot feeling?" She placed a hand on his head to check for a fever.
"Fine, Ma." He said, moving his broken foot back and forth. Smiling she brought the food tray to his lap. On the palate was nicely made two slices of freshly cooked meat, with a small cut of bread, and a small taste of pie that Johnny never seen before.
"Its my new recipe. Mix berry pie. I figured you'd want to be the first to try it." She gently nudge him. Taking a fork he cut the taste of the pie in half, and ate one of the halves. The pie melted into his mouth, it tasted so good. He licked his lips, and licked the berry off of the fork.

"I'll take that as a 'it tastes really good' huh?" His mother smiled, and Johnny nodded.
"The best." He said. She kissed him on the head and left him to eat. Moonnight's blue snout began to sniff the air, as she smelled the delicious meat. Crawling from underneath the bed, she hopped on it and looked at the plate, licking her lips with her fork tongue. Johnny took the piece of meat he hadn't dug into yet, and tossed it to Moonnight. She jumped into the air and caught. Then she leaped off the bed, crawling back underneath it. Johnny heard her jaws smack as she began to eat. Shaking his head and started to eat his breakfast.

"You think your so special just because you broke your dumb foot, huh?" Netty said from the doorway.
"Good morning to you too, sis." Johnny said as he took a bite out of his bread.
"What aren't you telling?" She ask.
"Telling what?"
"Ever since you broke that foot, I've notice that you keep eyeing your dumb satchel."
Johnny did not answer. From below his bed came out a loud burp. "What was that?" She said startled.
"What was what?" Johnny ask as another loud burping sound came out.
"That! What was that?" She pointed underneath his bed.
"Uh... Nothing. My.... Uh..... Just my.... Uh.... My new pet..... Rat." Yeah, because that's believable. Johnny thought.

"Ew! gross! Why do you have a disgusting rat! Your going to get fleas and sick!" She yelled. Then Johnny smiled wickedly.
"You wanna see him?" He ask, bending and snapping his figures for the 'rat' to come.
"Ew! No! I'll get fleas!...... I'm telling mom....... Mom!" Netty quickly ran away from Johnny's room, slamming his door shut. Johnny began to laugh at his sister's stupidity. Moonnight came up, sniffed his hand, and then rubbed against it, purring.
"You're no rat girl, don't worry." Johnny said to her.

5 Years Later

Johnny, now fifteen years old, finished his daily chores, and headed out into the woods to meet Moonnight. Moonnight laid by a big willow tree, her eyes closed in deep thought. Johnny, tried his best to keep quiet, for being afraid of disturbing her. Only then, did Johnny step on stick which made a small crack. Moonnight opened one of her eyes to see where the noise had come from. When she saw Johnny, the other eye opened, and she began to purr softly. "Good morning, my little star." She said.
Johnny smiled. "Morning Moon, I hope I didn't disturb you?" Johnny said.
"Oh, not all. You know I always enjoy your company." She said sweetly. Johnny slipped off his satchel, placing next to Moonnight and then sitting down, leaning against her warm belly.

"So," Johnny said after a moment of silence. "Did you see anything?" Recently Moonnight, as been getting visions.
"No," She said sadly. "But, I have been thinking."
"About what?" He ask.
"I've been thinking, is why we hadn't seen any other riders, or sorcerers or even shape-shifters. Why is the king so obsess about killing us off. Why not let us live in peace and let us do what we are meant to do?....." She paused for a moment thinking about her thoughts. "The world is a confusing place." She decided.
Johnny nodded.

"Agree." Moonnight sighed and places her head between her paws.

Johnny still remembered, two years ago, when he and his mother when the markets and all of a sudden a giant dragon came crashing down. A young man in his thirties, came hopping off of the dragon. The rider knew his dragon was already dead. Then king's men came rushing toward him, swords at ready. The rider brought his sword and fought the guards, but was soon defeated and killed. From that day on, Johnny swore to protect Moonnight and made sure that no king's men would hurt him or his dragon.

"You worry, too much, little star." Moonnight said.
"How so?" Johnny ask.
"Because I can feel that you're tense..... Be relax Johnny, let the stars guide you. They hold the key to the world. They help you unlock the mysteries of it." She said as she stretch her long neck out to the sky and closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh air.
Johnny did the same thing, and he did feel more relax. But he couldn't help himself. It was getting harder and header for Johnny to keep Moonnight a secret, and soon that will eventually comes out. Sooner or later. Then Johnny got an idea.

"What would happen if we joined the rebellion?" He ask. Moonnight opened her eyes and stared at the clouds for a moment. "Um," She thought. "What a curious question that is, little star...... I don't know, what do you think will happen?"
Johnny shrugged. "Well, it would start getting dangerous for you here and I know we could help the rebellion gain back its right. We could help stop the king for making people's lives miserable.I guess."
"Well," Moonnight said. "That is a question to us all.... What do the stars say we should do?"
"What?"
"What. Do. The. Stars. Say." She repeated. Johnny sighed, and closed his eyes. He concentrated, and listened. He heard some whispers around him until he finally got an answer. He opened his eyes and met Moonnight's gaze.
"They said," He started. "To follow my heart."
Moonnight looked away and said, "And follow your heart you shall."

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and to leave a QUESTION for me to answer at the end of this book
Bye!!!!!