That day when we gave her a time-out after they fought and Victoria, she cried a lot and when Demi went to check her in her room, she was lying unconscious on the floor, lips a color of purple and so was her skin.

We were so worried to death when we drove her to the hospital and we found out that she has rheumatic heart. It was acute, a short-term rheumatic heart, but we have to watch her all the time, make sure she wasn't stress out. The doctor says she can outgrown it, but that accident left us both scarred and until now, we are scared of her.

We never told anyone of this because we wanted her to feel and live normal like the other kids. We wanted her to grow that nothing to worry about, but now she's grown up, we were worried of her still. She grew up too dependable of us.

" ...can't take it if something happens to her. And if she ended to love Nicolai, most likely she will get hurt. Nicolai is a womanizer and no sense of responsibility. That's why Nicolas doesn't fully trust him yet to handle the company." I heard Demi sniffing and I realized my husband was crying. "All he did was whoring around."

"Sshhh..." I hushed as I stood up and rub his shoulders to sooth him. "We will talk to Victoria." I said momentarily, nodding my head in oblivion as I tried to think to get this things right.

"I would let Elle date Xandrous or Raffy but not Nicolai. I can't let it happen. I don't want to lose her." I could hear the determination and harshness in every word as he kept ranting.

"Maybe Nicolai loves her. Don't be impulsive Demi." I said, though sounding unsure.

"Nicolai is still in his prime."

He is right, but who knows until we talk to them.

"We will speak to our girls and find out about it. Maybe it's time to pry on their personal life and act as a friend instead of a parents to them?" I suggested to him and he just stared at me looking reluctant.

He just nodded.

....................................

Eleanor Pallos' POV

"... I wasn't ready then; I'm ready now .. 🎧 I'm heading straight for you ..You will only be eternally ...The one that I belong to .." I was staring on my phone as I listen to the song playing with Nicolai's name on the screen, calling.

As I stared into it drawing holes into the monitor, my heart also beats so fast, hammering inside my ribcage.

What does he wants from me?

After a long contemplation, I decided to connect the call.

"Hello,"

"Elle, it's Nicolai-"

"I know." I interrupted as I tried to calm my nerves. I forgot, he never gave me his number. I sneak into his sister's phone and copied it. "What do you want?" I asked trying to brush off the anxiety starting to crawl in my gut.

"I know I've been an ass to you and I wanted to make it up to you." My heart suddenly skip a beat after hearing his words. And he apologize? "Can I take you out for dinner tonight?" My breath hitched for a second.

Is he asking me for a date?

Am I hallucinating or dreaming? I don't want to wake up if it is.

I felt so happy and giddy. I know I'm gushing right at this moment. Nicolai Petropoulis was asking me for a date. Gosh, my secret love has finally notice me.

"Sweetpea, are you still there?" I heard his voice.

"Yes, yes.." I frantically responded, while my insides was raving up.