#3

FIRST OFF THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO lovelucky2003 FOR VOTING ON PARTS 1 AND 2. it really means a lot to me x

I was in my room at the pack house with Colt trying to figure out how to start. It meant a lot to me for him to approve of what I wanted to do but I didn't know if he would support me this time. Colt had stopped crying as soon as I started, he's always been the stronger one, he hugged me close and sat us on the bed telling me it was going to be okay. Even though we both knew it wasn't. If I accept and go on the mission then I could die, but if I refuse then the pack will make my life hell for being so selfish. I cant win.

"Colt, I need to do this for both of us. Dad will blame you if I don't, you know what he's like. He hates weakness, and he would see this as weakness."

"I don't care! I won't let them put you in danger! You're my baby sister..." His voice broke at the end showing me just how effected he was by this.

Colt's my protector. You see, my packs last alpha was abused by his dad until he grew strong enough to overthrow him and take over the pack. The first thing he did as alpha was make a law that every member of the pack has to have a protector. The protector is a skilled fighter in the pack who volunteers as soon as the pup is born. They take an oath and if they ever brake it then they are either banished from the pack or if it's more serious then they are executed.

My dad was my protector but when mum died he grew too depressed, my brother was only 10 but was already showing that he was going to be the best fighter our pack has ever had so he was allowed to volunteer. Even when dad got better Colt wouldn't let him take back the title of my protector. I didn't exactly mind though. Colt has saved me more than once.

"Colt I know that you're scared something will happen to me, you've always been there to protect me but you also trained me. They chose me because of that, because YOU made me the strongest female in this pack. I want to do this Colt, but I'm not going to if you don't want me to."

"Okay. But only if you promise that you'll mind link me if anything goes wrong. and don't even think of lying about it cause you know that I can feel you're pain and emotions."

"I promise. Thank you so much."

"I love you husky." He pulled me close and hugged me whilst kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too wolfie. Lets go tell Alpha Jason."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

song for the chapter crossfaith- devils party

picture is of Alaska's wolf

-K