Adam suddenly turned around sharply, “Do you guys hear that?” He asked, pools of excitement swirled in his eyes. I didn't miss the grin either, that masked his chiseled face.

“What on earth are you talking about?” I questioned him in exasperation. I tried to listen for any sounds that Adam might of heard, but came across nothing. Peeking over at Samuel, he seemed to not hear anything either.

“Your crazy,” I muttered before I started to walk forward, to nowhere in particular. Maybe the whole situation finally got to his head, stirred something up in there?

“N-No, just listen closely. I know I am not hallucinating!” Adam said with reassurance. His words only took affect on Samuel, who's eyes widened slightly.

“I-I can hear it. It seems to be some type of... waterfall?” Sam's eyes brightened to the fullest, so much so, I thought he would start jumping up and down.

I rolled my eyes and tried to listen in more closely- just for the heck of it. After a few seconds of trying, I almost gave up. But somewhere, I heard the mere pitter-pattering sound of water. They were right. It was a waterfall. If I hadn't been so caught up in my defiance of trying to find some place to keep Zach safe, I might of heard it when Adam did. It was so quiet though, so far away, that if I didn't try, I would have ignored its existence completely.

“Your right...” I trailed softly, a small smile sprung onto my face, growing larger by the second. Realization suddenly hit me. We found it! We found shelter. It wasn't exactly somewhere safe, but the water will help Zach's wounds. Also there might be a chance of a small cave in that area.

All of eyes met and determination filled each of ours. That makes the second check off of our lists.

** **

Getting to the waterfall was easy. It was actually pretty grand, really. When I used to be in the Rift Valley Pack, I've never been here before. In fact I never ventured around the territory, since I hadn't shifted then. Sure, I have heard about there being some kind of waterfall, but always shrugged it off as something unimportant and some kind of hang out all the high ranks went to.

The water was clear and looked healthy to swim in. We all stood in front of the pool of water and gazed down at it, like we were in some kind of trance. It really was beautiful. Varieties of flowers bloomed around it, and the grass was a clean green.

I smiled once I finally snapped out of it and tapped the guys' shoulders so we can get on with what we had to do.

“C'mon. This is only the second thing done on our to do list. The third thing we have to do is find Max and our pack. That is the final thing before we can finally rest. Making sure Zach is okay is our priority as of right now.” When my voice flooded through their ears, the dazed look in their eyes slowly faded away.

Adam gently put down Zach with the help of Samuel. For a moment, Samuel looked down at Zach in worry, taking in all of the wounds that still haven't closed. Adam's shoulder had smears of Zach's blood on it. Sam sighed, trying to calm himself down. We all couldn't help that we didn't find him soon enough or the fact that we just weren't there to protect him. The fact that we let him get in the hands of the Rift Valley Pack in the first place.