Against The Notorious Bad Boy: Nine

ATNNB: Nine

I forced myself to open my eyes. I had a banging headache from having too many drinks last night and my limbs ached. My body was frozen and what’s even worse – my feet will feel so raw. I got what I deserved, but I still had a bitter taste of alcohol in my mouth. I felt a hand gently shaking me, as if I’m not awake – I felt rays of sunlight across my face, I close my eyes against the harsh light threatening to blind me. The person continued shaking me – in a sudden reaction, my whole body tensed up, and my eyes snapped open to the harsh sunlight that came from the window. This person’s fingers didn’t seem familiar to me as they glided across my face. As is the tradition of drinking, she who drinks must suffer the ultimate consequence: hangover. I groaned against the pain I was experiencing from my head, no wonder why I don’t drink due to the symptoms of alcohol.

“Here,” Ben says, offering me a glass of water.  I take the glass, sipping it into my lifeless body; it feels so good to drink normal stuff. Ben took the glass from me and placed it by the side table of the bed. “Urg. What happened last night?” I muttered, hoping Ben says nothing much.

“Well, you were really hammered last night. Practically dancing your feet off, I was impressed but then you ran out of the club through some door and then screaming Alex’s name,” Ben says, his face filled with worry, sitting on the side of the bed. “I thought that was a dream. You do realise I vowed to myself, I would never drink because of my past,” I say to Ben, sliding off the bed. I stood up, walking over to glance at the mirror – I had make sure my feet weren’t going to make me collapse. Who knew the human body could ache after swallowing so much alcohol? I should know after all that woman other words, MOM drank alot. “Why did you vow that you’ll never drink?” He asks me. Glancing at the mirror was a huge mistake, my beautiful long brown hair was now a bird’s nest – tangled together and yesterday’s outfit was dishevelled however my red lipstick stayed on. I turn around to face Ben, guessing I should tell him the truth about my past. I sit back on the bed, “Ben, the reason why I vowed to never drink because my own mother drinks. She has been drinking since my Dad left for the army and seeing her all drunk and useless made me think I’d never to do that. Guess I proved myself wrong,” I say, tears pricking at the back of my eyes. “I should have never made you come to Hanta; those things must bring back memories.” He says, squeezing my shoulder. “There’s more to story than you think. My Mom is a drunk but a useless mother; she blames me for my Dad leaving. She makes me cook, clean and work; I felt trapped in that house and Daniel did nothing to help me. All he did is insulting me, sleeping with my friends in result I became lonely,” I say. A tear slid down my cheek, I quickly swiped it away. “And then she sold me to 2 men who run auction on girls and that is how I met Cassie and Gina. I was then sold to Alex and here I am – a girl who got hammered last night.”

“You shouldn’t have to go through with that, Kar. Your brother is a true dips***! And your mother well, she’s hardly anything is she? I’m glad that you got away from it all.” Ben says. I’m really glad that I told Ben about my worries – this feels like the problem is off my shoulders. “Why don’t you have a shower and I get your bag, placing an outfit on the bed,” he says, before I could say anything – Ben pushes me to an en suite which is beautiful. The banging headache doesn’t end; I winced in pain and showered quickly. Wrapping myself with a towel, I realise an important thing: call Mrs. Jones.

I rushed out of the suite to find that Ben laid out an outfit for me like he promised. I quickly changed into black knitted jumper and light stonewash skinny jeans with my kitty heel black ankle boots. I quickly brush my hair from its disaster of a mess into straightness. I smooth down the creases on the red dress I was wearing yesterday and placed red heels safely in the corner of the room. I packed all my things into my bag, I ran down the stairs to meet Cassie, Gina and Ben in the kitchen. “Morning, Diva,” Cassie sang with cheerfulness. I cringed at her voice, “Can you be quiet, Cass?” I murmur quietly, settling on a chair. “I guess not every Diva likes the spotlight,” She winked at me. How can this girl be happy in the morning? I thought she would be in pain as I was – surely I saw her drink alcohol. “Here you go,” Gina handed me my plate. Pancakes with chocolate chips! I rubbed my temples in a soothing manner, I need aspirin quick.