Against The Notorious Bad Boy: Five

Really long chapter. Not edited yet. May be a few mistakes. 

                                                               ATNBB: Five

                                                                       Kara

Oh. I don’t want to wake up but the alarm clock I got yesterday is buzzing out loud – I literally pick it up and throw it somewhere else where it can bother something else instead of me. I hear a crash – my guess is that the clock smashed into a million pieces. I open my eyes to be greeted by the sunlight – I don’t think I’ve ever seen the sunrise in Colorado before and I’m not in any rush to do so. 

Waking up on a Monday isn’t my cup of tea – I mean who invented the Mondays? God, yes but the name: no. Mondays is a day where everyone returns back to work, school or even college etc. The weekend is for us to escape reality and relax at home where there is no hassle. But when I was in ‘prison’ (my old home), I would get up and clean after Mom even though it was her job and sometimes I would miss school because of that. I sigh at my dilemma – I’m now one of those young people who have to face the facts: I’m going school. Yeah, that may not seem a problem to you but I have a more serious problem – Daniel.  I lie on my bed not sure what to do, Maria told me to wait for her to ring me – morning routine from now on. I really don’t need her to call me to wake up – besides I’m not a baby. I wonder why she hasn’t called yet, I sat right up – oh moly! The time is 5.55 a.m. too early for me; I sit there not sure what I want to do. Take a bath, my mind says. I smell myself, the mind is right – I so need a bath.   Oh, wait. Where’s the bathroom again? I’ll find it, somehow.  

 After searching this whole house for the bathroom, I had to ask one of the butlers where it was. So embarrassing. I found the bathroom – whoa! This is luxury; I mean they have a TV on the wall for someone to watch when they are bathing. Cool! I find the cabinets and check if there are any towels, found one. I run a hot bath; I put in a ton of grapefruit-scented bath soak that will calm me down – even though I’m going to school. I rip off my pyjamas and step inside the bath. I sigh, nothing beats a hot bath, and I never had a bath at home – always a cold shower. I guess everything at home is different from here because here people actually notice you whereas there no one does. I lower myself in nearly placing myself underwater, I let the scalding water soothe my bones. Inhaling the grapefruit scent, I try to let mind go blank – normally, when I think something usual – like thinking – it’s blank.

I towel myself dry and wrap myself with it. Before, I head back to my room – I take a peek out the window. The weather isn’t better which doesn’t match my mood – the rain was horizontal and water is running in fast-moving water down the sidewalk. Though the bathroom window is blurry with raindrops, in a distance I can see a couple kissing in the rain – reminds of a typical movie scene. I move myself away from the window, and head towards the basins to brush my teeth after I was finished – I head for the door, just then, it opens and Alex swings in.

“Whoaw!” he says when he sees me and pulls up sharply. His eyes pop out like spring eyeglasses.

“What are you doing here?” I try pulling my towel higher making sure he doesn’t peek at my chest. “I wanted to have a quick shower before school,” he explains, still wide-eyed, and then in a rather easy manner, he takes in my towel outfit. A smirk is placed on his on his lips. “I’m glad I did.”

“Don’t you dare tell anyone about this,” I threaten him. I even wiggle my finger in his face. “Or you’ll never get your jacket or your shirt back.” Alex chuckles at me – what’s so funny?