Against The Notorious Bad Boy: Seven

ATNBB: Seven

                                                                         Kara

The end of the school day, I collect all my things and walk out the class with Ben. Ben is so excited go to the club tonight whereas I wasn’t – how do you go clubbing when you have never been to one. As we walked out the front doors of school, Penelope was already waiting for me as usual – how do I explain to her that I’m not going home?

“Ben, I gotta go tell Penelope that I’m staying at Cassie’s for the night,” I say to Ben, who looks over to Penelope. “Alright, meet at that blue shiny car,” Ben pointed out to me. I saw his car – really shiny, really cool. He must be loaded. Ben walks off, leaving me on the little steps in front of school – Penelope grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the limo. I halt in my tracks. “Why did you stop?” Penelope says, letting go of my arm. “I’m not going home, Penelope,” I say, looking down on the ground nervously. “What are you talking about?” She asks, crossing her arms. This is an awkward situation – I sigh. “I’m staying at a friend’s house for tonight only,” I say, waiting for her reaction. She blinks rapidly; I think I should get going right now. “Okay, so what are you doing?” She asks.

Before I could even explain, Geoffrey our limo driver honked his horn at us, in other words get inside the car. “It’s a sleepover. I’m sorry; I didn’t tell you this before but I asked your Mom and she said it was fine.” I really needed to go, I hate lying but if I told her where I was really going, she might tell Brody who will tell Alex. “It’s okay, have a great night with your friend,” she says, walking away to the limo – glancing back at me one last time before entering the vehicle. I don’t know why but my stomach is doing flips. I tug on my bag, and start walking in search of Ben’s blue shiny car, that is if I can find him in the parking lot. As I was walking around, I see a few people around but not only that – the Populars. My heart tugs when I see him laugh, as if it had already enough pain today. I still can’t forgive him even though my friends tell me I shouldn’t; I turn my gaze somewhere else focusing on looking for Ben. I hear a honk noise behind me; I ignore the honker and search for Ben still. The honk noise kept repeating – at that point I turn around to tell the driver to move, only find the driver, Ben.

“Hey, Kar,” Ben says in the car. “Get in, Missy.” I walk over to other side of the car, not before glancing back at the Populars mainly Alex who doesn’t seem to be acknowledging my stare. I get in the car and shut the door. Ben speeds off through the gates and entering the main road.

“Don’t worry, hon,” Ben says. “He’s not worth it.” I just hope Ben is right because I need something else on my mind than Alex Jones.

“How long does it take you for you to get here?” Cassie huffed. Ben and I share a look together, I was wondering who was going to explain to her about that. Ben was about to open his mouth but I cut in, “I had to explain to Penelope that I wasn’t taking the limo with her.” Cassie and Gina seemed shocked at what I said.

“Limo?” Gina is wide-eyed with surprise. What would we talk about; I wonder if my life should be in the newspapers or even better magazines? I stare at Gina and Cassie who seem to have not changed their expressions. Ben claps his hands together, “Close that mouth of yours, girls. I mean I don’t want to hang around with two girls who look like they’re drooling.” Cassie closes her jaw, opens her front door wider and Ben and I enter in. Cassie’s house was really nice, I mean it didn’t have a patch on the Jones but this was alright.