Against The Notorious Bad Boy: Six

ATNBB: Six

The bell rings, signalling it was lunch. Ben and I walked down the halls to the cafeteria – not before collecting my bag from my locker. I asked Maria to make me a pack lunch since I don’t eat from the school, not that the food isn’t great but not to my taste. “Oh my goodness. I have waited for someone like you. Someone who I can talk to especially when they are the gossip of the school this morning” Ben said, with a grin. He tucked his arm through mine as we walked through the cafeteria. “I love Alex Jones, He’s so hot!” a girl said, on her table, her friends who were on the table agree with her statement. Seems Alex is quite the guy that every girl wants, he’s sweet.

Wait. Did I just say ‘sweet’? He is an arrogant piece of s***! “Alex Jones isn’t only hottie,” Ben said, making all the girls stare at him in disbelief. “I know, besides there are others.” I say, winking at Ben – pretend of course. The girls continued to stare at us and one of the girls said, “But I thought you were gay or was that just a cover up?” I stare at Ben who was smiling coyly at her. “Cover up. Like Kara said there are others.” We walked away from her table, to find Cassie and Gina. The whole cafeteria is divided up into categories meaning the place you fit in and you sit there. Populars include Jocks, Cheerleaders, Sluts and DRiO. They were in the main centre of all the tables while other tables like Nerds + Geeks, Emos, Goths, Vegans, Vegetarians, Skaters, Junkie, Druggies, Band People etc.

Where do I fit in? Before I would tell you that I fit in the darkest place: library. But now I have made friends – I don’t need to be in a category, I mean if there was a name for us it would be called ‘Normal’. Because you are who you are, no need to label yourself – a category means nothing to me. “I see Gina and Cassie,”Ben said, pulling me out of my thoughts. He tugs me along to them – no way, José! I have to walk past the Populars and Alex is sitting there laughing at something one of his friends said. Alex sees me but I turn my head pretending I don’t see him. He humiliated me so I shouldn’t have any reason to talk to him. “Well, if it isn’t ‘Miss. I know Alex’ a girl from the Popular called out, everyone in the cafeteria stopped and listened. Ignore her, my mind tells me. "Do you know Justin Bieber, too,” She continued, everyone laughed even Daniel – my day just got worse. “Alex doesn’t know anyone who can wear any clothes and think they look good. Besides you are a nobody to us so run along, Miss. Reject.” She smirked at me.

“Mimi, why don’t you pick on someone your own size? Oh wait, you can’t because you’re too plastic to be picked on. I’m sure Daddy paid for those implants or is it just tissue?” Ben said, making everyone in cafeteria laughed at her. I smile at her, she put her chin up high and pretended that Ben’s comment didn’t hurt her but really it did.

We approached a happy Gina and a grinning Cassie. “Yeah, baby! Hey, Mimi I thought we had no sluts around!” Cassie yelled, causing everyone to abrupt in laughter again. Mimi glared at Cassie who smirking at her. I was shocked by Cassie’s actions, “Oh stop staring. Have a seat, Miss Kara.” She said. Gina pulls me down to sit next to her, Ben sat next to me. “So, you know Alex?” Gina said, more like a whisper. “Yes,”I say. “You have to believe me. You know at the auction?”Cassie and Gina nodded at me while Ben looked confused. “I’ll explain later, Ben.” I say. “Well, Alex bought me and I live with the Jones now.”

“YOU LIVE WITH THE-” I covered Cassie’s mouth with my hand. I shushed her, “When I let go, you will not shout.” I say with authority. She nodded, Ben chuckled at her and Gina looked amused by the scene. I let go, “No one must ever know. Promise me you won’t tell anyone.” I say, looking at each one on the table. “I promise.” Ben said, placing his hand in the centre of the table. “I promise, too.” Gina said, placing her hand on top of his hand. Why are they doing that? Never mind. “Me, three.”Cassie placed her hand. They all waited for me, I don’t need to do this. They seem agitated by me not placing my hand on top of theirs. Ben grabbed my hand and placed it on top, He counted on to 3 –1, 2, 3. We all let go, I sat there going through my bag looking for the lunch.