Chapter 31: I'm Not Sleeping At His Flat

Comenzar desde el principio

Zayn and I...would never work. There were so many complications. So many questions. It could even ruin both of our careers and I wouldn't be able to handle that. After moving to America, I wouldn't be able to adjust to my normal life ever again. 

Sleep was just one thing that I would have to catch up on later because I suddenly wasn't tired anymore. I swung my legs over the bed until my feet made contact with the soft carpet in Zayn's bedroom. 

I tiptoed out of the bedroom, glancing over at the couch where Zayn was asleep at. The blanket was covering only his bottom half and half of his stomach, leaving most of his upper half uncovered. Adding to that, he wore no shirt. I could see his tattoos, clearly printed on his toned chest.

I shook my head and made my way to the dryer, where I opened it as quietly as I could to fetch my now dry clothes. Zayn was a heavy sleeper anyways. I checked outside, seeing that it had cleared up for the most part. There were only clouds outside and I couldn't hear any rain. I went to the bathroom to change back into my clothes and then folded Zayn's clothes and placed them on his bed.

I grabbed my phone and opened and closed the front door softly. It clicked quietly and I walked down the halls, went down the lift until I was finally outside. It was slightly humid, but the cold acted against it. I shivered, but I'd soon get used to it. 

I used my phone as a GPS to walk back to Danielle's flat, which was a half an hour walk away. I wasn't tired and the exercise would do me good anyways. If I walked faster, I could probably get there five minutes quicker as well as warm my body at the same time.

Multitasking was great. 

There was barely anyone on the streets, but the ones that lingered there were mostly drunks, passed out on the sidewalk. Others walked in irregular lines, but I passed by them as quickly as I could, shuddering as each one made eye contact with me. 

It was around four forty five when I reached Danielle's flat. I was tired now, after that thirty minute walk, but at least I wasn't with Zayn anymore. 

I knocked three times on the door before I finally heard footsteps on the other side. Opening the door was a tired looking Danielle. Her eyes were half closed and her curly hair was piled on top of her head in a bun. She wore a cream silk robe around her and adorning her feet were a pair of elephant slippers.

"I thought you were at Zayn's," Danielle yawned and opened the door wider for me to come in. "What happened?"

"I-I wasn't tired and decided to go on a walk and I ended up here and-"

"Liar, something else happened," Danielle interrupted.

"Fine, I had this nightmare. In it, Zayn and I were dating and things were really bad. I was swarmed with paparazzi and then all these questions. God Danielle, I woke up sweating." I doubted that she was really listening because she was leaning against the wall with her mouth slightly open.

"I had one of those too, but I got over it."

"But you didn't have a twin sister who dated your boyfriend before," I pointed out.

"I'm so sorry Pen, but I'm barely listening. We should talk after I've had my daily coffee. I swear I'm not going to remember anything in a few hours and forget that you came here and be all surprised when you pop up. Kylie's asleep in the bedroom if you want to join her or feel free to...make yourself at home," Danielle said. She said goodnight and disappeared, letting out another loud yawn. 

I pressed my ear against Kylie's door only to hear snores on the other side. I would just crash on the couch, not wanting to scare the hell out of Kylie when she wakes up next to me. It'd be funny, but I'd probably end up giving her a heart attack.