I then locked my parents’ room and the guest room, keeping the keys in a small jar in a kitchen drawer.

I pushed the furniture away to make room for people who wanted to dance and I fixed everything downstairs before going to my room to take a shower and get ready.

It was already five o'clock and people would start coming at around eight so I had to hurry so that I could finish on time.

Once I was out of the shower, I put on the dress that I picked then I dried my hair and straightened it. After doing my hair, I started with my make-up and accessories.

When I was satisfied with my makeup, I stood up and put on my black heels. I then stood in front of my full length mirror to see how I looked.

My brown hair was shiny and straight, my face had more make-up than usual but not too much to make me look like a clown. I had on red lipstick that matched my red dress.

Around my neck, I had a silver chain with a four leaf clover pendant. My dress was a simple red strapless dress that was tight from the top and the skirt spread out slightly. My five inch black heels made my legs look taller than they actually were and I thought that Zack would like that.

I looked good.

I glanced at the silver watch on my left wrist and saw that it was eight o'clock sharp. People should start arriving I thought as I locked my bedroom door and went downstairs to put it with the rest of the keys in the kitchen drawer. I turned on the music but I didn’t have it on too loud for now.

I opened the bags of chips in the kitchen and put them in colorful plastic bowls on the counter next to the alcohol and plastic cups.

Soon, people started coming. There were some people that I didn’t even recognize but I didn’t care because I had my own group of friends.

I noticed that Carla and Kate didn’t come but I wasn’t expecting them to anyway. Parties were never our thing. They were probably having a movie night now. For a second, I wished I could be with them but then I shook the thought away. Here I was with the whole school at my house for a party and I was wishing I could be having a stupid movie night with two girls?

Everyone was drinking and dancing and having a great time. The party was even bigger than Kyle’s party, which really surprised me considering that Kyle has been in the popular group ever since day one in high school.

Everyone’s going to be talking about it for weeks, I thought excitedly. That party will definitely make me even more and more popular.

I saw couples going upstairs and then I watched them amusedly as they went back downstairs with annoyed looks when they found out that the rooms were locked.

I danced with the twins at first before Zack grabbed my waist and pulled me to him to dance with me.

“You look hot,” he spoke in my ear as we danced to the beat of the song.

“Thank you,” I said, raising my voice so that he could hear me over the sound of the music. “And you look very handsome.”

And he really did. He was wearing black pants and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I could see all the muscles of his arms. Of course he would have muscles. He was a basketball player after all.

His hands tightened around my waist as he kissed my lips.

It was around midnight when Zack said to me, “Can we go to your room? It’s too loud here.”

I smiled and nodded. I took his hand in mine and went to the kitchen where people were playing beer pong.

I discreetly took the key of my room from the jar in the drawer and went upstairs with Zack.