Chapter 11 + thank you!

Your POV

The stars paint the black canvas as I try to locate myself. Upon wandering around the forest, I come to a small village plaza. Lights decorated the area as festive music played in the background, everyone looked so happy, dancing, it made my heart warm. Without a moment's hesitation, I decide to live around this area. For tonight, however, I decide to recover in the trees.

The day after, I head to the front of the village, Mateli.Pulling down the hood of my cloak, I walk the path. I am greeted by a girl with flowing orange hair and emerald eyes. She looks familiar in a way, yet, I can't seem to wrap my fingers around who.

"Hello, welcome to Mateli. My name is Cadenza, daughter of Hayden, lord of this village." She smiles as she waves at me. The aura that surrounds her is powerful, it could almost rival mine.

"Hi! I'm _____(fake name). Would you happen to know how to get back to ____(village name)?"

"No, I don't," Cadenza says. "but my father would!" The girl gives me a smile, motioning me to follow her. Cautiously, I follow. Cadenza leads me to a small home nestled next to the town well. "This is me father's office, I'll come in with you, just in case." She opens the door as I step into the office. I feel a dark presence towards the side of me, I jerk my head to the direction where I sense the aura. The only thing I saw was a guard, perhaps the head guard, standing near a rack of weapons.

"Hello Cadenza," The man says, noticing me. "Who is this?"

I bop a curtsy. "Hello, my name is _____(fake name)." The man's eyes light up, as if he knew me.

"_____(fake name) the Enchantress?" My eyes crystallize.

"Yes, but how did you know my title?" I ask.

"You've been asked for by O'khasis, a message was sent out to every town out in the Region." He states in a stern voice, standing up to look at me. A voice comes out from behind me.

"Don't trust her, milord, she's a shadow knight." I turn my head to the owner of the words.

"Heh, and only a shadow knight can sense another," I retort back. "either way, I have no interest in any affairs the shadow knights are engaged in, after all, I was turned against my will to become Gene's puppet."

"Then explain how you escaped." The woman glares daggers at me, momentarily, I notice her eyes flash red. Crap! I mentally shout.

"I used cobblestone in which I infused with essence I gathered before I was captured," I lie.

"Hmm, interesting." I know that she'll attempt to use it, I know who her identity is.... The silence is broken by Cadenza's voice.

"Wait, _____(fake name), you were in the nether?!" She almost screams.

"Sadly, yes, however, I don't care, I've lost everything important to me, so I won't be able to complete my transaction by killing," I answer her coldly.

"How do you become a full shadow knight?" Hayden asks, as if testing me.

"In order to become a full-fledged shadow knight and obtain immortality, you must kill the one closest to you or a 'handful' of innocent people, in which I have no interest in any option like I said, I've lost everything of importance to me." I reply, crossing my arms.

"Tell me, _____(fake name), What brings you here?" Hayden asks.

"I would like to know the way back to _____(village name)." His eyes reflect sadness at my words.

"I'm sorry, _____(fake name), your village was burned down in a forest fire." I feel a tear trickle down my cheek at his words. Burned away....

"T-Then may I seek shelter here?" I begin to sob. Hayden only nods as he sends me and Cadenza out.

OMG THANK YOU GUYS!!!!! We made it at rank 709!! It might not me higher, but I never would have dreamed of being in a rank! ITS ALL THANKS TO YOU!!!!!