Chapter 5: Memories

I'm a fool, I'm a gog damn fool!  I criticize myself about my very existence. For my life I have been nothing but a danger to my family and loved ones. I cry out a river and feel a warmth embrace me. 

"Do not cry my flower. You look much more beautiful smiling." Laurence...

"Why are you embracing someone you just met?" I ask.

"I do not like to see anyone upset."

"Then thank you Laurence." I say as I hug back, burring my head deeper into his shoulder.

"Remember, I'm always here to listen."

"The one I thought about during the ritual was someone who died, saving my life. His name was Samuel." I begin to speak. "I loved him. I never knew how he felt before that day. O'kasis guards flooded the halls, I managed to escape thanks to him, but I never saw him again after that day."

"I'm sorry."

"I-it's fine... " I feel a warmth on my back. His hand pats my back in a rhythmic pattern. It felt nice to be comforted by someone. I haven't felt this for years, a genuine warmth. He reminded me so much of Samuel. No! I can't fall in love with anyone! I'll only end up putting the people I love in danger! My Heart throbs in pain.

I couldn't take this anymore... Slowly, I push Laurence away from me.

"Thank you, Laurence" I bow my head, then lifting it, I plaster on a fake smile.

"It was my pleasure." He kneels down to one knee, and lifts my hand. Laurence kisses the knuckles of my slender hands. An uncomfortable warmth creeps up to my face.

"I suppose that I shall take my leave now." I nervously pull my hand away and start walking to somewhere.

I had no idea as to where I was going, I was too dazed by Laurence's actions. How can he be a shadow knight? He's nothing like the others. I make my way to the library, I found it thanks to the tour my 'brother' had given me.

I am greeted by a plethora of books, thick and thin.

"Do they have classics here?" I wonder out loud.

After wandering around the sections, I manage to find a book called Black Magic; a Guide to enchanting dark weapons. I've always studied magicks when I wasn't practicing viola (happy Cj_is_da_baus?) or violin.

I begin to read. From the basics of creating weapons and armor out  of quartz and nether rack. The next section provides a few basic spells that can be used to teleport and maneuver a staff. I skip ahead, since I already know and specialize in a type of magicks. No matter what the book says, it will not pull me into the darkness, I will ALWAYS stay in the light, for Samuel, for my family, I will never become one of the mosters. Shadow knights, monsters.... All of a sudden, I feel my head pound. Pain builds up until I can tolerate it no more. I black out.

~~~Flashback~~~

The flames flicker before my eyes as my village gets burnt.

"N-no! Mom!" I cry, running from people armored  in blood red equipment. My mother, slaughtered before my 13 year old eyes. On the corner of my eyes, I notice a path to the forest, quickly, I turn to and run.

~in the forest~

Sitting on the grass. I think to myself. I am alone, mother, father... They  hate me, the beasts want me... my power...

"Well hello _____(name), what brings you out here at this time of night?" He asks. I explain, plain and simple.

~~~Back to reality~~~

I shoot up looking around an unfamiliar room. Monsters... these people destroyed everything I had, my family, my  home, my life. Anger builds up in my chest. The urge to snap is very high, I want to destroy them, make them pay for ruining my life. I notice my anger is reaching uncontrollable levels and begin to hum, a trick mother taught me when I  was ten. This must be one of the changes you experience. I'll have to ask Laurence, the only one who knows my secrets. After an eternity of humming, I finally manage to calm down. I hear the door swing open.

"_____(name)! You're awake!" A familiar voice echos through the room. I turn to see...

URGHHHH!!!! I have writer's block! could you help me, suggest anything. Even another x Reader. I don't care I just need ideas!