Chapter 4: The Spectator

We are going to jump right into the story from Laurence's POV during the "party"

Laurence's POV

Why am I even here? And what even is this party for? I sigh, wishing I were up in the over world. Then I hear a voice from the balcony that overlooks the land. Gene with that magicks user next to him. I must say she looks even more beautiful awake. Her vibrant _____(color) eyes and flowing _____(color) hair.

"Fellow shadow knights, I would like to introduce you all to my sister!" His sister? Maybe she knows a way out of this hell on wheels. Then, her sweet voice echos through the air.

"HELLo (lol pun) everyone, my name is _____(fake name) _____(middle name if u have one) _____(last name)." She says and then gives a small curtsy. There is no hint of evil in her voice unlike the Gene's, how can those two be related?

The Orchestra begins to play, I blink and _____(name) is gone. I turn to see her standing in the violin section, holding a pure white violin instead of one of the red or black ones, that are in the group.

~~~inside the castle~~~

Walking through the halls, I hear a familiar tune playing. Quickly, I run towards the source of the music. I stop in front the door when the music is at it's loudest. then I hear her voice.

"This is for you, Samuel" A piano starts to play, along with an array of string instruments. I widen the crack of the door to reveal a singing _____(name) playing the piano and then string instruments playing by themselves. Her voice is elegant and sweet, like chocolate.

The apple's poison
is snatched away by a small bite mark,
as the maiden's deception
falls into a slumber in the dinner chair.

Be it the love from the seven,
or the kiss from the prince,
in the end, all of them will
just melt away on her snow-white skin.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
unveil my unsightly heart.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in the land is the fairest of all?

Wearing their iron boots,

they keep on dancing.
In the end, everything will
just be burned away.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
unveil my parched heart.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the one with the shredded wail?
unveil my unsightly heart.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in the land is the fairest of all?

I was so mesmerized by her singing I had not noticed that the door was opened completely.

Your Pov

After the song finishes, I hear... clapping? I turn to see a man, who's hair looks like it's on fire. OK, maybe that wasn't so nice. It was the color of fire, orange, which go with his jade eyes. For some reason, his aura isn't dark like the other shadow knights. I break the silence.

"Hello, who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Laurence and you must be Gene's sister, _____(fake name)."

"My name is not _____(fake name), although I am known in the over world as _____(fake name) the enchantress. My real name is _____(name). And I am NOT Gene's sister, I was turned against my will."

"You too?" He asks. So he was turned against his will too?

"I'm glad to see someone who's aura isn't as dark as the others," I say "Tell me, are you against Gene?"

"Yes." he replies plainly

"I've told you my name, what is yours?"

"Laurence."

~~~~Laurence's POV~~~~~

So, there goes my plan to ask if she knows a way out. At least I'm not the only one here who still has their sanity in tact.

"So tell me, how did you end up here? My flower." I kiss her hand. She closes her eyes and pulls away.

"Calm down Casanova. I was captured and brought here by Gene. That beast is after my magicks..." She states with anger flashing in her eyes

"Are you sure that he did not kidnap you because of your beauty?" I ask in a flirtatious manner.

"No, I KNOW he is after my magicks, I've been targeted for the majority of my life because of my ability to use music to control people and my swordsmanship," She says. "I've never had a normal life..." _____(name) lowers her head.

~~~~Back to you~~~~

Laurence seems trustworthy, he's different. He Doesn't love bloodshed or even the fact of being here. I learned he was here protecting a lord he was in love with and another magicks user. For the first time in forever, I feel safe. Then he asks a question that almost makes me sob.

"_____(name), what kept you going during the ritual?" Samuel...

"I kept thinking about Samuel, the man I was in love with. He died saving me... So I guess love kept me going." I say choking back sobs.

Yay! Finally a chapter that does not end on a cliffhanger! Lol, I'm such a troll. I hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for some fluff in the next chapter, Chapter 7: Memories.