chapter 8

A.N. Just a word of warning, this chapter will be very dark. Plus, I have lots of HW, so blame school, not me.

The thought of being left alone is all so familiar.... I guess you could say that I'm used to it. Time continues to drag on, seconds that feel like minutes, minutes that feel like hours, hours that feel like days, and the days that feel like years. Am I cursed to stay in this realm for the rest of eternity? Lady Irene, what have I done to deserve this? The questions continue in my mind as I make my way to the grand hall, where I met who's name we do not speak. Who am I kidding? I need him...

Once I reached the playing hall, I go up the stage. In this world, I have nothing left, I am just a lonely corpse whose soul is waiting for death to wrap his arms around and envelope. (A.n. DANG that's dark, sorry, plz don't hate me.) I snap my fingers, making the violin appear. Music has been the only thing to comfort me, ever since i was ten. My fingers would glide on the fingerboard as my bow slides on the wire strings, giving out a smooth note. However, instead of the smooth and bright tone, today, it is monotone and colorless. Perhaps reflecting my sadness and hopelessness.

I start to play Tchaikovsky's Symphony #6 4th movement. It was a song that he made dedicated to his nephew. Tchaikovsky's nephew left him, like everyone who's ever cared for me. They all just abandoned me.

I ready my bow at the bridge, my fingers loosening up, preparing to move around.

I begin the song. My bow moves up and down in an elegant way, my fingers moving along with it. It brings a tone of somber and sadness to the room, similar to what I'm feeling right now. I feel so alone. So isolated. All because he left me here. Not even considering that I was kidnapped just like him. At least he has friends that care about him. Now the only person I felt a connection to is gone, poof, vanished, like a flower to a field of fire. That's me right now. I just want to vanish, disappear.

I finish up the song, feeling tension in my hands. I make the violin disappear, and I walk off the stage. Still, being alone here haunts me. Every ounce of joy I had left is gone. Maybe he stole it when he left. But you have to accept your fate.

I jump off the stage and I leave the playing hall, tears slowly forming in my eyes.

~~~~~~~

My head stays tilted down as I walk past other shadow Knights. They question me and ask what's wrong, but I don't reply. I just keep walking.

I don't want anyone right now. I don't need comfort. I don't need others. I just need me, and my brain.

I reach my room and I lock my door. I immediately jump onto my bed and I start crying.

Why am I crying? I should've gotten over him.

He's already gone, _____. You just gotta move on.

I don't want to forget. I want to remember him.

Face it. He's gone. He's abandoned you.

No. I refuse. I know there's a way out. There has to be.

There is no other way. Just let it go.(A/N LET IT GO, LET IT GO!)

I am not going to let it go. You'll never make me.

Oh, just you wait.

I'm not going to wait, I'm going to act now.

I walk out of my room, curiosity getting the better of me. I head to the prisoner cells. The prisoner cells all look so cold and empty, even though there's a ton of prisoners. Some human, some alien, some animals, all types. They bang their door cells as I walk by, like they hate shadow Knights. I don't blame them. Inside one particular cell, I see a leprechaun (what?)slumped in a corner. He looks at me, then sticks the finger at me. I sigh.

Well, screw you too.

I continue down the halls. Where is his cell? It has to be here somewhere.

These halls feel like they extend forever. How many prisoners do they have? 1 hundred? 1 thousand? 1 million? It seems like they go on forever.

After a million hours of walking, the cells start to grow empty. As I continue on, they get emptier and emptier, until there's no one in the cells. A relief. No inmates to yell and curse at me. There are no prisoners left, but the cells still continue on, as if they're made to contain every creature in the universe.

I then reach the very last cell. It's bigger than all the others. It doesn't have any doors, so there's no place to slip food in. How does he eat?

He's looking down at the ground. Has he noticed me yet?

I bang on the cell. "Hello, are you awake?" I didn't want to sound arrogant, but I need answers immediately.

He looks at me. He doesn't speak though.

"Um, can you speak to me?"

I can only see him nod his head as he looks back down. Why is he not speaking?

No, I can't play games with him. I kneel down and I make sure that no one is around. I whisper to him, words that I am never going to regret.

"I need to escape the nether. I am not a puppet."

Finally, I did it, Special to thank @Cj_is_da_Baus for completing the chapter for me, I had alot of work, my balance is off, I need a new work balance.