Ch 18 - I Am Not Losing Her

^^^HE LAUGHS...😍❤️🙌🏼

THIS BOOK IS NOT EDITED (NONE OF MY BOOKS ARE)! DO NOT ANNOY ME WITH YOUR CORRECTIONS! I WILL GET AROUND TO EDITING IT LATER! JUST READ AND ENJOY THE STORY FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

We all looked at Oliver in confusion.

"A football match?" I asked.

"Yeah! We're the best team this side, and your little goons look like they can handle being beat by us, so why not?" he replied.

"I was going to suggest a fight, but hey, you're clearly too chicken," Nick said with a shrug.

"Violence is not how you solve problems," my dad just had to remind.

"A football match it is," Six sighed, making everyone cheer.

It was decided that the football match would be happening the next day. For whatever reason, Jessie and her companions didn't leave my party, so we ignored them. Everyone went back inside, but Six dragged me away to an empty classroom.

"I can't believe you got me a car," I told him as I stood between his legs. He was sitting on one of the desks.

"It was Nick's idea, but he forced me to run it by your dad first. It was a mission getting him to agree, especially to that car," he replied.

"Why that car and why that design?" I asked.

He took a strand of my ponytail and twirled it around his fingers. "The car is for speed purposes. You may not be a part of the organization, but you're most definitely connected to it. I need to know that a car wont be the one thing slowing you down when you need to escape a bad situation."

"You had the engine customized too, didn't you?" I asked knowingly.

He nodded. "I did, but only because I want you to be safe. I got it designed the way that I did because it's a combination of your favourite colours, and your favourite thing to do."

"Which is?" I asked with a scowl.

He chuckled and removed the crease on my forehead. "You have no idea how much you love stargazing. Every time we're outside at night, your head automatically tilts towards the sky. You get so disappointed when there are no stars."

I blushed. "Of course you noticed that."

"It's my job to be particularly observant blossom, but watching you is one of my favourite things to do. You're unlike anyone else I know," he said with a smile.

"You'll be happy to know that I feel exactly the same about you," I giggled.

"I know you do. Now, mind telling me why you don't like celebrating your birthdays?" he asked.

I was afraid he would.

"Remember the night I had nightmares?" I asked, to which he nodded.

"Remember how you asked if I could remember my childhood?" I asked, to which he nodded again.

"Well I don't. I can't remember anything before I turned six. The only thing my mother told me was that whatever she was hiding from me happened on the day I turned six. I've associated my birthday with negativity since, hence not celebrating it. My mother died without telling me why I couldn't remember anything," I explained. I was surprised to find that it didn't make me sad telling him.

Just, sort of, at peace.

He gently grabbed my arm and traced my scar. "You said you think you got this scar in a fire right?"

I nodded. "I think that's what it was."

"Do you want me to investigate what happened to you?" he asked.