Ch 9 - Holding Hands

Not much had happened after Six stitched my wound, even though One, Five and I were all well aware of the fact that he was still pissed off about how I injured my hand. He was even more frustrated about the fact that he couldn't vent through boxing because of his injury.

Five had gone to my house to get my clothes from Nick, which I was super grateful for. My brother had packed a pair of blue jeans, a tangerine jersey, flat ankle boots, a scarf and matching accessories. I was just grateful for the weather since all my wounds would be covered up.

"I can't believe I have to trust you to drive my car!" Six huffed for the millionth time in the morning.

"So you trusted me to drive it when you were on the verge of death, but you don't trust me now?" I asked.

"People say stupid things when they think they're dying," he scoffed.

"She's actually a great driver," Five came to my defence.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

"The two of you are all chummy, so your opinion doesn't count," Six commented.

"Fine! I'll just leave with Five and One and you'll stay here all by your merry self," I said.

"And miss school? Oh, what a tragedy," he deadpanned.

"That wasn't a great comeback Noelle," One chuckled, walking into the kitchen shirtless with slightly wet hair.

Wow.

"Would it kill you to put on a shirt? We don't need to be seeing all of that," Six complained.

"You mean you don't want Noelle to see all of this," One smirked.

"I mean exactly that," Six surprised us all by admitting.

"Fine," One said before walking away.

"So, are you going to let me drive you?" I asked Six.

"Do I have a choice?" he counter asked.

Five and I scowled. "Yes."

"Fine blossom, you can endanger my life and take me to school," Six sighed.

"Screw you!" I huffed before getting up and leaving the kitchen.

"Wait! Blossom, I'm kidding," he managed to stop me as I reached the door.

"You're being mean," I corrected.

"I didn't mean it," he said.

"So, am I driving you then?" I asked. He took out his keys and handed them to me.

"I trust you," he replied.

I beamed before we headed out. Five and One would be joining us at school. I wasn't really ready to deal with everyone at school, but I was at least sure I could handle it. We got to school relatively earlier, so there were fewer people.

"Slings are so annoying!" Six grumbled, adjusting his.

"You'll live," I giggled as Wes approached us.

"Yo? What the hell guys?" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"You both bailed on us," he said.

"I'm not following," I admitted.

"It was Cash's birthday on Saturday," he reminded. I'd been told about it, but I didn't know the official plans or anything.

"Oh my God! Was he mad at us?" I asked.

"Was? He still is!" Wes informed.

"I was shot on Friday night and if he can't sympathize with that, I can't help him," Six said.