Chapter Ten Monica

Merlin and I walk over to a lake and place the earth stone in the water, we begin to whisper a incantation when suddenly the man in the dark cloak comes out of the woods. "a die acerba funeral ascriberet."He whispers and I recognize the spell as a death spell. Merlin and I whisk around just as he finishes the spell his hand pointed at Merlin. I wake up with a small yelp, taking deep intakes of breath. "Lilith are you ok?" Merlin says with a hint of sleep in his voice, "I'm fine you can go back to sleep." I say staring at the dyeing embers of the fire, after a few minuets I lay back down, Merlin already sleeping next to me. "I'm going to do everything in my power so that doesn't happen." I say knowing that the dream was a vision not just a nightmare.

***

"Lilith you have been acting really weird all morning, are you sure your fine?" Merlin asks me and I nod jumping onto my horse with ease, "Your really good at that for a-" Merlin begins to say but I cut him off. "Don't even say it." I say in a rider way then I meant to, "Lilith something is wrong and I know it, don't lie to me." He says but I shake my head, "I don't want to talk about it right now Merlin." I say flicking the reigns as the horse starts to trot. "Alright I won't push it but remember you can talk to me about anything." He says riding after me going just in front me. I stop suddenly when I hear a rustle in the bushes next to us, "Merlin" I say a small amount of worry in my voice. I almost jump off my horse when a girl tumbles out of the bush. I stare at here for a few moments before jumping off my horse. "Monica!" I exclaim rushing to her side Merlin hurrying over to help, I look at her and see cuts and scrapes many bruises. "We need to stop and help her." I say picking her up and trying to get her onto my horse. "Lilith let me help." Merlin says picking her up and pushing her onto my horse. "Come on I'll walk." I say grabbing my horse reigns but Merlin stops me, "Merlin we need to get to a safer spot!" I yell tears hanging at the edges of my eyes, "I will walk and I promise I will help her I can tell she means a lot to you." He say an I nod letting go of the reigns, a single tear falling down my face.