Chapter Seven Jealous Merlin

"Melrin! Gaius!" I yell through the chambers trying not to have a mental freak out, "What happened!" Merlin exclaims running out of his room looking distressed, probably from me yelling. "I got myself in some trouble." I say taking a deep, needed breath from all my running. "What did you do?" He says and I give him a nervous smile, as he frowns even more if possible. "Let's just say I'm having lunch with one of the knights tomorrow." I say and Merlin fakes a small smile, "Well isn't that a good thing?" Merlin says a hint of jealously in his voice and I begin to wonder why. "No it's not because I don't want to." I say and I see a small amount of relief in Merlins face and then I begin to realize what's happening. "Merlin do you like me?" I question and he gives me this weird smile like he's nervous but also surprised. "What are you taking about?" He says after a small pause and I smirk a little but not to much. "You do!" I exclaim and he blushes ever so slightly and just try's to stay serious. "That's beside the point, what are we going to do about this picnic?" He asks but I'm already thinking of a plan in my head for something else. "We aren't because I'm going, I just realized that maybe dating a knight wouldn't be so bad." I say with a smile before I turn around heading for the door ignoring Merlin's shocked face and just leave.

***

"Well, this is gonna be fun." I whisper to myself sitting at my new table playing with a piece of straw as I wait for sir Davlin. I jump ever so slightly when I hear a knock at my front door, I walk over to the door and breath in deeply then open the door but instead of sir Davlin I see Merlin. "Merlin what are you doing here!" I exclaim but I know exactly why, "I came to tell you that I was lying earlier, I do like you." He says with a deep breath and I laugh ever so slightly. Merlin begins to look embarrassed so I decide to explain everything to him. "Merlin I broke the date of right after I left your chambers, I knew you liked me but I needed to know for sure." I say and he looks at me like I'm a crazy person, "So you tricked me?" He asks and I nod my head feeling really bad now, until Merlin does something I didn't expect. He walks closer to me and without even realizing it we share a small but amazing kiss.