Chapter Three Powers

"Merlin" I hear a older man call through my new chambers, I peek out from behind the door and see a man which I'm guessing is Gaius, who Merlin told me about earlier. "Hello" I say walking over to him and he turns to look at me rather startled, "Who are you, and where is Merlin?" He's asks and I smile, "I'm Lilith, the queen said I could stay here for a while, and I'm not sure where Merlin went he left a couple hours ago." I say as he nods.
"May I ask why you needed to stay here?" He asks and I immediately frown at the thought and I can tell he knows I'm sad, "It's alright you don't have to tell me." He says but I shake my head, "I need to tell someone, the truth is I didn't tell the queen the whole truth." I say and exhale deeply. "My village was attacked by raiders but before that I lived my mother and my two brothers, but I have magic and my mother was scared since my village was in a kingdom where magic was outlawed. She wanted me to be able to be who I am but the day I planned to leave she and one of my brothers was killed by the raiders, I escape with my life and some of my stuff but I haven't seen my older brother since then." I say finishing my story Gaius's expression doesn't change but I can tell he's processing what I've just said. While he processes that I begin to wonder why I just told a person I had never met in my life the truth about me having magic and all. Gaius and I both turn to face the door when we hear it make a creaking sound, "Oh, hello Gaius." Merlin says and I smile but I can tell he's not happy and I begin to wonder why becuase he's seemed sad since I met him. He walks over to his room obviously forgetting I was staying in there because of what's on his mind. I ignore it and go over to the bed in the main room and lay down Gaius blows out all the candles and then lays down himself. I begin to close my eyes and wonder where my brother -who is my only family now- is.