Learning the truth

Start from the beginning

"I'm his cousin.I guess you could say we get along."

"Oh." was all i could say.

I looked down at my hands suddenly feeling worthless. I'm just a stupid human and she's a gorgeous vampire related to the King.

"Hey you look kinda bummed out. Want me to go get some ice cream? Or maybe you want to take a hot shower? That could cheer you up!" she actually looks concerned for me as she sits down next to me.

"Why are you being so nice? JOey made it perfectly clear that i'm just a useless slave." i mumble.

"Don't be so silly! Joey didn't mean that, he was just...angry." she hesitantly says.

I look increduosly look at her. "ANgry? He was infuriated! He locked me in a pitch black closet for who knows how long! Of course he meant it!"

Gabriella sighed. "No...He just wasn't himself. trust me, he regrets it."

"What do you mean 'wasn't himself'?"

Gabriella pauses for a long time, and for a second i thought she wasn't going to answer. But then she quickly got up and locked the door making sure no one would over hear. "It...It wasn't him who did that to you..."she starts.

"What do you mean it wasn't him? I'm not blind. I saw perfectly well who it was."

Gabby glances annonyingly at me and lays down on her bed." Well if you wouldn't interupt me, then i could explain." she huffs.

"Sorry, continue." I meekly say.

"As i was saying...it wasn't him...it was his beast."

"His what?!?" I yell but then shut up when i realize i interupted again. "sorry, last time i swear."

"Ok let me just explain the whole 'beast' thing to you. When a vampire drinks a human's blood, it takes a part of their soul with them. These newly gained 'souls' are very powerful, and makes the vampire extra strong for a while. with regular vampires the soul just passes right through the vampire's blood and then gradually disapears. and so the vampire just goes back to being a normal vampire, super strong but not beastly strong." Gabby pauses and thinks about what to say next. " But this is not the case for the royal vampires. It's hard to explain, but Something in their blood makes them different. They have something in their body, so when they drink blood the souls don't disapear. They stay in their body making the royal super strong, fast, and have special powers. some powers may consist of telepathy, visions, teleporting, moving things with their mind, ect. Not every person in the royal family it is only the firstborn of each generation. So this is only the case with the King and the Prince. But the vampire can't really control the souls. The souls seem to gather together and form this other...person. We call this person the 'beast'. And the beast can sometimes take control or comeout of the Prince or King's body. It can say things that the Prince doesn't really mean, it can do things the prince doesn't want to do. and although the Beast can only come out for a while, it is powerful and hard to control. So with each soul the king or Prince take, the more powerful the beast gets. Joey is already having a hard time controling it, and that is what you saw when he put you in that room. It looks like he's bipolar, or split personalities, when in reality it is this thing inside him."

I stare wide at her. Amazed and intrugued by what she is saying. THe whole concept is just mindblowing. I don't know what i'm happier about the fact that i know this information, or that Joey didn't really mean all those things he did to me. I smile inwardly. Maybe he isn't as bad as i thought...

"so to sum it all up, Joey has this beast inside of him that can come out and hurt people?" I finally ask

"Yep" Gabby says and pops the 'p'. "It has even killed many people, you should consider yourself lucky.,"