Chapter 6

Hey! So for this chapter, I've down half of Tristan's POV and half of Sara's. I don't usually switch POVs, but I wanted to give it a shot. Tell me what you think of it :)

Chapter 6

Tristan’s POV

Jayce and I sat on the beach, waiting for some news from Sara. We knew she probably wouldn’t be able to come for a while until she won back the trust of her people, but we couldn’t help hoping.

“Argh,” Jayce exclaimed. “This is painful! Just waiting and waiting for some sort of news. It’s not going to come, Tristan! Why do you keep insisting it will?”

I rolled my eyes at Jayce’s outburst and continued watching STJ Island. So many good memories had rooted themselves to that small island.

Jayce waved his hand in front of my face. I swear, sometimes he was exactly like a kid.

“Hello? Anybody in there?” Jayce mocked, knocking on my head. I grabbed his arm and pushed him to the ground.

“Quit patronising me,” I said. “I know you probably don’t care as much as I do about what’s going on with Sara, but I was never the one who forced you to sit with me. To be honest, I never wanted you to! You just ruin the whole concept of calmness and if you keep yabbering away, you’ll send me into a panic attack!” I cursed myself for letting my anger get away from me. Jayce annoyed me, but I never snapped at him like that. If we didn’t have each other, we had nobody. Well maybe Sara, I corrected. Sara would stick with us until the very end.

“You think I don’t care about Sara as much as you do?” Jayce asked incredulously. “She’s like my little sister! I would do anything for her.”

“Jeez Jayce, how thick are you? I’m in love with Sara!” I burst out, unable to control myself.

Jayce’s jaw went slack. We were silent for what felt like forever until a splash made us both snap out of our reveries.

Jayce and I clambered through the hole in the wall and saw Sara in the cubby, crouched down in a ball. She was breathing heavily and just as Jayce was about to go in there, I held him back.

“We don’t know if she’s alone,” I whispered. Jayce nodded.

Sara stretched her body out on the ground and her eyes closed. She was unmoving apart from the slight rise of her chest.

I was faster than Jayce, rushing towards her and gathering her frail body up in my arms.

“We need to take her home,” I said quietly. I still wasn’t sure if she was alone or not. I held Sara close to my body and Jayce went in front of me, keeping a look out for other people.

We got to Sara’s house slower than we would have if I didn’t have to carry her, but I would much rather carry her there any day.

Just before we went over the bridge, I looked at Sara, taking in every detail of her face. She was so beautiful. Her eyelids looked pearly and her cheeks were flushed. I hoped more than anything she would be all right.

Jayce rapped his fist on the door and I laid Sara down gently on the ground. We both dashed into the shadows and watched as Mila took Sara inside. I could see how much she cared about Sara from the distressed expression her face held when she saw Sara.

Sara’s POV

I awoke back in my bed with wet leaves on my boiling face.

“Oh you’re awake,” Mila said, walking in with a bunch of fresh leaves. “Good, you had me worried for a moment!”