Chapter 2

Hi everyone! Wow, thank you so much for all your votes on the previous chapters! Today I've been smiling like a maniac all day, and I have a feeling I will be doing the same all week! I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment! I love reading though all the comments, it makes me feel so happy : )

On the side is Ian Somerhalder as Tristan >

On the side is a clip of Amanda Seyfried singing L'il Red Riding Hood. Such a beautiful song :) >

Chapter 2

I watched as Vera swam back to Anya, Jayce and Tristan either side of me.

“The girl can swim!” Jayce muttered in admiration, following a low whistle. “She’s gorgeous, too.” I hit his arm as hard as I could and he winced.

“That’s my little sister you’re talking about!” I scolded. I didn’t know whether or not I felt jealous about this. Did I like either Tristan or Jayce in that way? I didn’t know. I saw them more as my protectors and friends than romantically.

“She looks like you,” Tristan added onto Jayce’s statement, making me blush.

“Thanks Trist,” I laughed, trying to cover up my embarrassment.

Jayce suddenly waded out further into the ocean, and for a second I thought he was going to follow Vera back to Anya. I was about to call out to him that he wasn’t a strong enough swimmer, when he turned around, an evil smile on his lips.

Tristan and I automatically moved away from him. We were used to his pranks and tricks.

Jayce pouted. “Come on! Live a little.” I smiled and hesitantly walked out to him while Tristan stayed.

“I don’t want to get too wet,” he said, sitting down on our log seat. “I’ll make sure Jayce doesn’t do anything too stupid to you,” he assured me.

I strode into the water, taking Jayce’s hand. He – as I expected – pulled me in so that I was completely submerged. As my head popped out of the water, I sprayed the water in my mouth onto Jayce.

“Meanie!” I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. Jayce and I had that type of relationship - always joking around and pranking each other.

Jayce gasped dramatically and his large hand hit the water, making it fly everywhere but mostly on me. I did the same back to him and by the time Tristan called us out of the water, we were in a full-on water fight.

“Trist, come join us!” Jayce called to his brother. Tristan shook his head.

“It’s getting dark and Sara will have to get home soon.” I looked up and saw the bright yellow sun hanging over an orange sky. It was sunset and it took at the least half an hour for me to get home. Mila would be furious if I arrived and it was dark.

The three of us ran to our log boat and the boys began rowing, their arms pumping in synchronised actions. The boat skimmed though the water quickly and I watched STJ Island, savouring how beautiful it looking in the sunset. The bright colours of the sky made STJ Island look bolder. It was a rare thing still being on the water around that time of day. The elders of Anya – at least my side of Anya – believed that there were dangerous sea monsters that came out when the sun went down. I didn’t believe these stories, but thinking about what could be lurking in the depths of the ocean sent shivers down my spine.

The boys and I pulled the boat onto the sand and into the bush it lived in so people from their village wouldn’t find it. Apparently they were much more open-minded than my people, but we didn’t want to test it.