Chapter 1

I stood in my decent-sized bedroom located in the apartment that I shared with my best friend since childhood, Grace Beckam. I was staring at my reflection in the mirror unsure about the outfit I picked out for my job interview to be a personal assistant to an opulent gentleman. I was dressed in deep blue denim skinny jeans with a short sleeve white button down and black flats. My deep brown hair hung loosely down my shoulder and my makeup was nothing more than a layer of moisturizing cream and lip balm.

I huffed before stomping into the living room to get Grace's opinion. Grace was always fashionable; why wouldn't she be, after all she was the epitome of beauty - at least in my eyes - with her wavy blond hair, piercing gray eyes and soft features.

Without saying a word I gestured to myself waiting for her input.

"You look fine, Ellie." She moved into a sitting position with her feet curled underneath her. "Wait... loosely tuck in her shirt."

I obeyed and she immediately smiled. "Perfect. Now you just need to not shoot off at the mouth and you'll have this job in the bag." She grinned.

Shooting off at the mouth was an issue of mine. Many who have witnessed it first hand would explain it as me having very little filter when it came to saying what I felt or thought. That would be a problem in this job role simply because of who it would be for.

Though I wasn't certain rumor had it that is was for the Lance Romes - a disgustingly wealthy twenty-eight year old male whose hand was dipped in just about everywhere. He had the power to make or break someones career before it even got started.

"Okay, I have my keys, portfolio, glasses..." I glanced up at Grace and frowned. "I feel like I am forgetting something. Dear god, I'm going to blow this interview before it even begins."

Grace rose to her feet from the couch and placed her hands on my shoulder. "Relax. You got this El."

I pressed my lips into a hard line as I nodded my head and then took a deep breath. "Yeah, I got this."

Before I could push myself back into the negative mindset I made my way out of the apartment and climbed into my 2005 ford explorer. It took three times for the engine to start and then I was on my way to Brindle Plaza located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.

Once inside elevator that would take me to the fifteen floor my nerves caught up and I began trembling slightly.

I can do this. I repeated to myself over and over again. As the elevator doors opened and I stepped into the waiting room I relaxed slightly.

The interior was more or less the same as that of the tranquil waiting room we had at the chiropractors office four streets over.

As I was just about to sit in one of the plush office chairs the receptionist - a curvy red head called my name.

"Miss Sinclair, right this way." She said to me as she led me down a long hall. She stopped outside a pair of doors and knocked twice before opening it.

"Interview 13 is here." She said as she stepped aside to allow me through.

I cautiously glanced around the office, taking in the scenic view of down town from the massive windows as I made my way over to the desk. Then my eyes focused on the face of my possible next boss and my breath caught in my throat.

This couldn't be possible... The man I would be working as an assistant for was non other than the handsome British actor, Theo James.

"Please-" he gestured to the chair inches from me and grinned. "-take a seat."