Chapter 5- The dream, and he comes over

Jade's POV

I was walking in the woods. It was really dark and it was really scary. Where was I? All of a sudden, SNAP! The sound of a twig breaking made my heart race. I turned around in the direction of the sound. SNAP! I ran as hard as I could. I didn't know where I was going but I felt as if i couldn't run. I turned to look if anything was behind me and I wished I hadn't. An over sized wolf was running at me. I screamed and tried to run faster. Why couldn't I run?! I heard a growl loud and clear. For some reason I couldn't move any more. I closed my eyes, but I could still see. What the heck was going on?! The over sized wolf came in front of me. It snarled and swished it's tail. I screamed but no sound came out. It crouched like it was going to lunge at me. It jumped and......

I was back in my room. I let out a sigh of relief when I realized it was only a dream. My heart was still beating fast.  I jumped out of bed and stretched my legs out. I couldn't get that picture of the over sized wolf jumping at me out of my head. It scared me nearly half to death.

I put my hair up in a messy bun and walked into the kitchen to get some cereal. My mom was still sleeping of course. She usually got up at 10:00 but it was 8:12 right now. I opened the main door so that now the door with the screened door was the only one that was closed. I wanted to hear the sound of the birds chirping. I went to the cupboard and poured me some cereal, then sat down at the table.

After I had finished, I got myself looking decent and went back into the kitchen to clean. I guess I was the kind of person that never wanted look bad or I would be in a bad mood. I got started on sweeping and a song popped into my head. The words escaped from my mouth and pretty soon I started singing the words to When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars.

"Should of gave you all my hours-" I was cut of by a beautiful voice singing the rest.

"When I had the chance." 

I looked over at the screen door. My cheeks turned bright red. I bit my lip. Liam, the new boy next door stood there smiling like an idiot. 

"You have a nice voice you know?" Liam said.

"Why thank you. You too." I was still embarrassed about the singing thing. I went up to the door. "Would you like to come in?" I held the door open for him.

"Thank you." He said politely and walked in.

I pointed my finger and the chair and kinda shrugged a bit. He got that I was trying to tell him to sit. So I sat too. He was still as attractive as before.

"So, hi again. How are you?" He asked with a smile.

"Pretty good. It's going to be really hot out there isn't it?" Oh my gosh. Did I really just talk about the weather?

"Uh, yea looks to be like that." He answered.

My mom came walking into the kitchen. Oh crap. No. Her face seemed to light up when she saw Liam. Why was she up?

"Hello! You must be our new neighbor!." She said excitedly and held out her hand to Liam. Liam took it in acceptance. Oh no, my mom was scaring him.

"Yes I am." he answered her. She still was shaking his hand. Let go mom.

"It's very nice to meet you!" She still seemed over excited. Mom stop shaking his hand. "I hope you enjoy it here."

"Nice to meet you too ma'am." He was such a gentleman. Oh look, there goes my mom...holding his hand.

"Jade I got a call from work. They said I'll have this week off." My mother's smile was contagious I couldn't help myself.

I nodded.

"I'll get out of your guys' hair. I'll be in my room if you need me. Again very nice meeting you." She went back to her room. Finnally.

"I'm sorry about that." I apologized for my mom. I loved her and all but she seemed to get in the way a lot.

"No, no it's fine." He paused and then lowered his voice. "She wouldn't stop shaking my hand."

"That's what I thought." I laughed.

We talked and talked for about an hour, mostly about meaningless stuff. Then Liam asked for my phone number. Of course I was willing to give it to him.

"So were friends now I guess?" He asked.

"I guess so."

"Then can I get a friendly hug before I go?" He asked with puppy eyes.

I hugged him and I hoped he couldn't feel my heart thumping. His stomache was rock hard and his body was full of heat. I didn't want it to end, but that would be awkward to just stand here and hug this whole time. Finnally we pulled apart and he left.