Ultrasound (Elena and Kol)

Elena and Kol were so excited to be able to see their baby on the screen and hear the heartbeat. Elena loved being able to look down at her stomach and know that her baby with Kol was made out of pure love and not just cheap sex that she had with some random person. The brunette and her boo were sitting in the waiting room waiting for Elena's name to be called.

"Do you think we will find out the gender?" Kol asked Elena.

"I'm sure we will be able to. I am at the point where the baby would have transformed into a boy or girl" Elena explained to her boyfriend.

"Good, I am hoping for a boy" Kol was being typical.

"Really?" Elena rolled her eyes.

"What? I want a son so I can teach him how to play baseball" Kol loved baseball, especially the bats that go along with it.

"I don't care what we have, as long as he or she is healthy" Elena sounded like a true mother.

"I wouldn't mind having a daughter, but I have to keep the boys at bay though" Kol sounded like a true father.

"Elena Gilbert" her name was finally called. Her and Kol smiled and got up and held hands. They went towards the nurse that greeted them with a smile. She led them back into a room and let them in and sat in her chair. "So it says here you're getting an ultrasound done?"

"Yes and is there any possible way I can find out the gender?" Elena asked. She was too excited.

"Yes but if the baby is laying a certain way I might not be able to tell you" the nurse replied.

"That's fine" Kol said before Elena could.

The woman set up the machine and placed the gel on Elena's growing stomach and began to move the wand over Elena's belly. The baby popped up on the screen and both Elena and Kol were hypnotized by the screen. The nurse smiled.

"See right here?" the nurse pointed to the screen. "That's your little boy" she smiled and Kol got really happy. "And this over here is your little girl" the nurse pointed to another spot and both Elena and Kol were confused.

"I'm only having one baby" Elena replied confused.

"No, you're pregnant with twins" the nurse said as she showed Elena the other baby.

"But before the doctor said that I was only having one" Elena explained.

"There are times where when someone is pregnant with twins the one baby will hide behind the other. But you're definitely pregnant with twins Elena" the nurse explained.

"Wow" Elena was really nervous now. She didn't expect that to happen to her and Kol, but she was happy nonetheless.

"Can we have pictures?" Kol asked.

"Of course, I have to print them out but the printer is in the other room so I'll be right back" the nurse said as she hit the print button and left.

"I cannot believe there is twins in my stomach" Elena was in complete and utter shock still.

"I know, I didn't expect that but we got one of each Elena. That means something" Kol didn't know what the was but he was happy.

"I'm happy as well, just stunned that's all" Elena replied.

"Same here but we will get through this darling I promise" Kol smiled at her.

"I love you so much" Elena said.

"I love you too" Kol said before he kissed her.