The fake mistake (Elena and Kol)

After their hours of love making, Elena was sure that she was pregnant. She remembered Kol trying to pull out of her but she lied and told him she was on the pill, but that was a lie because the moment she made the bet with Caroline she immediately stopped taking the pill. Which continued the two having sex for god knows when. When they finally finished, Elena got dressed as did Kol.

"This was a mistake" Elena lied, but Kol didn't know that because Elena's back was turned. She turned on the water works big time.

"How can you call that a mistake?" Kol gasped, he didn't understand. Was Elena really that mad at him?

"Kol" Elena turned around and Kol saw her brown doe eyes with water in them. "We're broken up, we can't do this anymore" Elena said to him.

"But Elena-" he was cut off.

"Go, please just go" Elena replied as she cried harder. When Kol made a move to go near her, she ran upstairs and into her room. She stood against her now closed and waited until she heard her front door open and close. After five minutes it finally did and it caused more tears to fall. She loved Kol and there was nothing she could do to get him back, but she knew that if she was pregnant that she would easily have the life she wanted with Kol. They always talked about marriage and children but she never dreamed she would try to get pregnant like this.

*Two months later*

Elena was getting ready for homecoming with Caroline. Bonnie was not going due to the fact she was put on bed rest until the baby was born. Elena had found out the month before she was finally pregnant with Kol's baby and was happy about it. She hadn't told Caroline about it yet but she hoped that she would be happy for the girl.

"Caroline?"

"Yes?"

"Would you be mad if I told you I was pregnant?"

"What?!"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I am two months pregnant" Elena felt so guilty.

"Is it Matt's?" Matt was Elena's date to homecoming and had been spending time with him here and there. She didn't love Matt like she loved Kol. She loved Matt as a friend.

"No! I slept with Kol and now his baby is inside me" Elena explained with a smile.

"Well I am happy for you Lena" Caroline smiled. "Are you going to tell him?"

"Yes, this is his baby and he deserves to know about it" Elena responded. She loved Kol and knew that they would be happier when this baby is born.

*At Homecoming*

Elena had arrived with Matt on her arm. Matt looked happy to be with her but she was anything but happy. She hoped that Kol would be there when she came in and got really nervous when she saw Kol's dark brown eyes looking at her. She knew he was mad that she wasn't with him but she needed to keep the plan going. But she needed to tell him tonight that she was pregnant. She turned to Matt.

"I have to pee" she said to Matt.

"Okay, I'll meet you by the refreshments" Matt said as he let her go to where she had to go.

Elena walked out of the gym and to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and sighed. She had to tell Kol now but she didn't know how. There was a knock on the door and it confused her. It was a girl's bathroom, surely the girls at school would just walk in and not care.

"Elena" she heard Kol's voice. Her stomach did flip flops and she went to open the door but Kol had already opened it and came in. He locked the door behind him and sighed. "I know you don't want to talk to me but I just wanted to tell you that I am not giving up on us" Kol explained.

"Kol there is something I have to tell you" Elena said as she took a breath. She saw from Kol's facial expression that he was waiting for her to get out with it. "I'm two months pregnant" Elena said and watched as Kol's eyes widened from shock. She didn't know if that was a good sign or not but then she saw him smirk.

"So my plan worked" Kol said mostly to himself.

"Excuse me?"

"Elena, you didn't think that it was a little bit curious on why I didn't fight you to put on a condom? Even though you are on birth control, I would have still put one on" Kol explained.

"You planned this?" Elena was shocked that he had the same plan in mind as well as her.

"No, not until that day when we made love on your couch" Kol answered.

"You're an ass hole" Elena was surprised by her reaction but she didn't care.

"I love you Elena, did you really think that I would let you go that easy?" Kol asked. Elena was completely shocked at what he did but then again she was also the one who planned to get pregnant by her one and only love.

"So what now?" She asked, changing the subject.

"We raise this baby. Together" he said.

"Kol there is something I have to tell you" Elena said before she could stop herself.

"Please tell me there isn't a chance that this child could be Matt's?" Kol was getting angry.

"No! I love you, not him" she replied, before she continued. "I also planned to get pregnant by you, that's why I broke up with you so you could fight for me back and we could have sex and all that other stuff" Elena explained.

"Wait a minute, you planned this?! You wanted us to break up?" Kol was pissed now. He has been through hell without Elena.

"No, I love you Kol but I had to think of something to get us to this point in time" Elena felt guilty now.

"Prove that you love me" he wanted her to show him.

Elena walked over to him and crashed her lips on his, she loved him and he loved her right back. The two were making out in the bathroom when there was a knock on the door. Elena pulled away but Kol continued to kiss and nibble on her neck.

"Elena? Are you okay in there" Elena heard Matt, she felt Kol grip her harder in a predatory way.

"Yeah, just finishing up" She tried to pull away but Kol refused to let her go.

"Okay I will be out here" Matt replied.

"Kol I have to go" Elena whispered in his ear.

"No" he whispered growl in her ear.

"I have to talk to him" Elena replied in a whisper.

"Fine" Kol pulled away to look at her. "But promise you'll come back to me" Kol made her promise.

"Always my love" Elena smiled, which caused Kol to smile as well.