Reality

'What do you mean?' Lythia asked, leaning against the opposite wall.

'I don't know... I just know we can't go out there, it's dangerous.' He warned.

'So what do you remember?' she questioned. He looked into space, digging in his memory. 'Just that something terrible happened. I don't know what but..' He paused, feared to carry on.

'I don't think anyone's alive out there. So we can't leave.' He finished. A shudder ran down Lythias spine.

The thought of being the only ones left, nobody left to help them, all alone.

Suddenly, Gally occupied her memory. 'Well that's okay. Cause we need to get everyone from the glade anyway' she reminded him.
'You really think they're gonna let us back in that maze? There's a reason they took us out of it Lythia.' He looked at her.
She furrowed her brows. 'Well we have to go back Thomas. We can't just leave them' she sternly replied.
'I know but.. How do we know they're not.. Dead.' He shook his head.

The thought of Gally laying dead in the glade made Lythia want to curl on the floor and drown in her own tears. 'Don't say that.' she snapped.

But he was right. She slid down the wall and sat. Before they were here the Grievers broke out, a lot of the gladers were dying. Lythia just didn't want to admit to herself that they could all be dead. 'We need to go check. We have to' she begged.
'And what are we gonna do when we get there huh? Dead or not, they're gonna notice we aren't here and they're taking us right back out there. Who knows what they could do to us?' He snapped at her.
'Well what do you expect to do sitting in here?! You said we can't leave, so what, we're just gonna sit here for the rest of our lives? Hide from a co-operation in their own habitat?' she crossed my arms, pushing away the thought of Gallys lifeless body.

She WAS going to get him, he IS alive.

Silence for a moment.

'Well we can't go out there. It's not safe enough for just the two of us... I don't know Lythia, I don't know what to do' he buried his head in his arms that rested on his knees, and slight sniffles came from his body. Lythia hated seeing him cry.

'Then we have go to the glade. If they're alive-' she swallowed hard mid sentence. 'If  they're alive then we join forces, we get out of here. All of us. It might not be safe for the two of us but with a pack of us?' she suggested.
'We can try.' He sighed, defeated and unenthusiastic. Lythia believed Thomas more than she believed herself. The chances of them being alive.. they didn't even know how long they'd been gone.

Reality clicked. The stubble sprouting from Thomas' jawline, that wasn't there when the grivers broke in the maze, hinted at how long they may have been there. a week? four days at the most, who knew how long maximum.

'They're dead arnet they' she spoke, her voice cracking as tears flowed. 
She cried silently for a while, all of those years the other gladers worked their arses off in the glade, for nothing. Minho running everyday, for nothing. Gally.. Going through the changing, protecting Lythia.. For nothing.

And somehow she felt it was all her fault.

She heard Thomas shuffle up next to her. 'You really love him don't you' he whispered.

She snapped her head up, eyes sticky with salted tears. 'What?'

'We'll try. For you. Because I know you need Gally. We'll walk in there and do as you said. As much as I dislike the shank, he makes you happy and I want you to keep that happiness. I don't want you to cry like this.' His brown eyes blinked back his own tears.

They heard the multiple footsteps pass the doorway, signalling that they could leave the room.

'How?' Lythia exasperated, it's not like any of them knew how to get there. For all they knew the maze could be miles from there.

'We walk straight in there and tell the shuckers'

GET OWWWWWWWWWWWWN THOMAS u proper babe